Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the bright side of the x collection is that x7 and x8 are actual ports so this is legit gonna be the easiest way to play them on pc if those ports are functional, considering the old pc port of x7 is korea-only and x8's port is like a mid 2000s one so it's kind of a gamble whether it'll even work

but yeah if you have to buy one of them just buy vol 1 lmao

also i'd like to say that for anyone with a console who's interested in 20xx, that game uh has a really good feel, it nails the controls of mega man zero and zx, but its procgen is loving garbage and only illustrates how much its core concept of a procgen mega man is literally impossible to do in a way that's actually fun or interesting so the game isn't fun for more than like ten hours and then it just gets boring and repetitive and playing it will only serve to remind you that you could just be playing zero 2-4 instead

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

X6 is better than X5 and X3. Low bar I know, but it's true.

x3 sucks but i'm not sure how you look at the level design in x6 and call it better

they gave x a z-saber and then made it feel like poo poo!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa posted:

I would probably buy a Megaman Zero Collection that had a larger screen canvas or something.

And also save states because Zero 1 is a loving pain in the rear end without those.

zero collection should just have an infinite lives cheat for zero 1 imo

i don't know why that game has such a pointlessly punishing lives system

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

The stages in X6 (excluding Blaze Heatnix) at least generally tried to do something, which is more than can be said of X3.

x3's stages are a clusterfuck of garbage, x6's stages are a clusterfuck of gimmicky garbage

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man zero 3 and 4 are the pinnacle of mega man game design and it'd be cool to get versions with slightly bigger fields of view

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFqLg0fWTw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope hk gives me the wall jump soon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4Hcjqn3VE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

exquisite tea posted:

Has Arkane ever had a game sell well on release? They do some good work but I think most people became enamored with Dishonored and Prey once they were already on deep discount.

my brother told me about dishonored way before it came out and we both ended up playing it on release. good game

GUI posted:

afaik 3 people were involved in writing DOTO which is bizarre and one of them was brought in solely because they used to write Dishonored fanfiction.

*cracks knuckles* Time To Get To Work

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm surprised that arkane is even able to keep making them but also pleased. i guess bethesda's endless fallout and elder scrolls money is good for something

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good third party aaa titles are mostly dead and most big third party western publishers don't see making a greater number of cheaper games as an alternative worth bothering with despite it being something other corners of the market have found plenty of success doing

so now we have the new beyond good & evil 2, a game distinguishing itself from the original beyond good & evil and the original scrapped bge2 by being nothing anyone who liked bge1 wanted from bge2

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 2, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

exquisite tea posted:

It's in the publishers' best interests that production costs remain high so that it increases the barriers to entry for competition and the likelihood that any fledgling studio will need to sign on with them for distribution.

yeah and that's loving garbage

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Moon Monster posted:

Have they even shown anything about that game aside from the gently caress-monkey trailer? Like, do we know what the game is actually going to be?

after the first trailer, michel ancel said it would be a wide open space sandbox rpg where you start from scratch on a random planet and you can build yourself up from a janitor to having a full pirate crew and also it's a prequel story that might have some bge1 things in it

and then at e3 2018 they showed a trailer with pey'j and jade in it so that people who actually wanted something vaguely related to the first game would care and then joseph gordon-levitt walked on stage and said "hello Content Creators. make things for our game and then we'll pay you if we use them" and then every independent artist who has a vague concept of what spec work is vomited in disgust

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i still hate it because no matter where bge2 goes at this point they've completely loving tainted it trying out a business practice that's already lovely enough in other fields and didn't need to be introduced to loving aaa game development

gently caress ubisoft so hard

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wild would've been better than whatever the gently caress bge2 is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nendoroids actually look nice and have a bunch of different expressions and lots of little doodads that you can pose them with, they own

Macaluso posted:

It's really amazing how they managed to get me to go "I'm interested in that!" with what little the showed of the game, and then immediately just tanked it into the ground with the announcement of the fan created stuff. On top of annoucning that, they didn't mention monitization at all.

And then later when they were like "okay you're right we didn't talk about it, here's the deal" it turned out to be exactly what everyone thought. Ubisoft you are too big of a company to pull that poo poo

the best part is that if it's successful then that'll establish a precedent for other aaa western pubs to take advantage of which will only make the already lovely situation with working in game development actively shittier for everyone except the publishers

so. i'm probably not going to buy another ubisoft game now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the map in hld sucks, and not in a way that actually makes exploration any better

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

someone make a spiritual successor to Pacman 2?

it's coropata for the ds and it's more like anime bad rats

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is it like an anime version of The Incredible Machine?

yeah basically. really good sprite art and animation, too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when will konami port mgs3hd to pc so i can finally play it and peace walker before i play v

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they excluded myst so they could include pyst

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wario land 3 is interesting for its scale but wario land 2 is a more immediately satisfying game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

What puns? “War”?

What about Waluigi?

wario = combination of "warui" (bad) and "mario"

waluigi = combination of "warui" and "luigi"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
boshi is the only wa who had a redemptive character arc... drat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Shortest Path posted:

Still disappointed we didn't get Geno in smash

he was tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched a guy die in the mantis village in hollow knight for an hour and when i reached it in my playthrough i cruised through and beat the boss on my first try with a rusty nail. *flexes*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat devil may cry 2

that was definitely a video game made in less than four months

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dmc2 dev: mr. itsuno we only have the resources to make three bosses that anybody will remember

itsuno: ok we'll make a nero angelo guy, a cool final boss and uh. a tentacle thing

dmc2 dev: we also have the resources for all the dmc1 bosses

itsuno: ok good before the final boss we can have the player just fight a giant pile of poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

I thought this was going to be a story about how the two people hit it off.

Well, it kinda is, except done in a really loving creepy way.

https://twitter.com/roseybeeme/status/1014122893805015041

what the gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

its time for the big games chat thread red faction guerrilla multiplayer game

hell,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good news everyone they finally announced red faction 5

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've only seen son of the mask

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Who had a gun pointed at your head?

i was like 8 and it was on tv

that's also how i saw honey i blew up the kid

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium posted:

yes but have you ever seen Stop! or my Mom will Shoot?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
at least people will get tacoma and observer to help them recover from a deponia game

seriously though why's deponia doomsday even on there that game was made entirely for the context of people angry at the ending to the already lovely previous game

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 4, 2018

• Locked thread