Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

you didn't name the thread "the cake is july" you coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Gamecube controller is a piece of poo poo and it's irresponsible for Nintendo to keep rereleaseing it because of how badly it fucks up people's hands.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Is this new No More Heroes thing going to be good

no but I'm really excited

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7GmolHTd4

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I know most of yall have figured it out already but this is a parody account

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

univbee posted:

On matters of Kojima there's no such thing as parody.

ugg

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

retail is dying and funkopops are the bactera festering in the empty space

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can't really hate funko tho cause this video rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjaWbXVxC8

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is what environmentalists want

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

In Celebration of Violence is oddly good. Is there a thread for it? Didn't notice one, but sometimes mobile skips around when the thread order updates.

The newest update for the game on steam is rad

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Macaluso posted:

All my friends are super intersted in Anthem and I don't know why :(

Almost none of them were interested in Mario Odyssey and in fact I don't think a single one of them has played it. I think all my friends need lobotomies

you know what you must do

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

Phil Fish is my go-to for bad Dev. The closer you are to acting like him on Twitter the worse you are. Kamiya is an example of being super close to Fish in terms of Twitter engagement.

there's so many things wrong with this post lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It’s kinda loving me up how many people are going all “well actually she shouldn’t have” about the woman who lost her job because of a mob of angry gamers

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

homeless snail posted:

I don't think her being a woman had anything to do with it this time tbh. if anything it should be framed as a workers rights issue, if they were unionized she'd still have her job

it absolutely is a worker's rights issue but lol if you think this isn't about her being a woman who stands up for herself

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Her being a woman is definitely what caused to blow up into a bigger issue but the entire situation still could of been prevented if she didn't use her public social media platform as a place to vent.

I really don't see the issue about her posts! They're just loving posts!!!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I feel worse for the guy who was fired if anything. But that's not as good as a story I guess.

both suck equally you piece of poo poo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

She was not harassed.

This is not the case, her entire social media history was combed over by reddit, emailled to her boss, creating a campaign to get her fired.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Telling an active community member to gently caress off for responding to your rant is not a good look.

EDIT: This is why twitter is stupid. Its simultaneously treated as a private internet space and a place for public discourse. People stop trying to separate these two things and you end up with this.

you seem fun and normal

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Glad to know there's a correct and incorrect way to use online

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

idk what's so wrong at telling someone who annoys you to gently caress off, more people should do it imo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah there literally is. Twitter is a social media platform and if you attach your job and company to a profile you are going to be expected to uphold the standards of that company. This is not a shocking revelation.

Most companies are not happy when you tell customers to gently caress off.

Why should anyone give a gently caress about companies you lunatic.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kotaku has a rundown with some quotes from Price

quote:

“[CEO Mike O’Brien] told me I was going to look back and regret this because we were doing amazing work and I ruined it,” Price said. “The only regrets I’ve ever had, however, have been in situations where I didn’t stand up for myself, not ones in which I did, and I don’t expect that to change any time soon. My only real regret here is that I encouraged other women to come on board and promised them it was a safe company for them.”

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

If you think people should just be able to vent whenever and wherever they want then your problems with society are much bigger than this incidient.

Yea you got it lol, capitalism is evil.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

If someone at my job was telling people at a bar to go gently caress themselves in like, a company shirt yeah I could see them getting fired it if came back to them.

Please just shut up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

My real takeaway from all this is I'm super glad I work at a university instead of a corporation

lol people get fired from universities over online mobs constantly

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog posted:

idk what's so wrong at telling someone who annoys you to gently caress off, more people should do it imo

I was setting yall up but no one took this opportunity I'm kinda disappointed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Also the guy she tweeted at wasn't just a total random, he's partnered with the company to promote the game. Not hard to imagine some marketing guy's head exploding about it

lol he was mostly a random, no one would have noticed if it wasn't for the poo poo people who were already monitoring her social media looking for a slip up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bill Buckner posted:

When you think about it, firing someone is the ultimate form of telling them to gently caress off on twitter.

you suck a lot

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's zero reason to split things up like this unless you want to give legitimacy to what happened.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

2x as many people bought Hitman Absolution than Hitman (2016) :eng99:

I would expect that to be higher tbh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

hell yea!!! PC gaming!!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wasn't expecting Yoku's Island Express to have moral choices and I am for some reason paralyzed with indecision

lol I don't remember this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can give the first big guy who tries to extort you the food he likes or poison

that's cool I totally didn't remember that

yoku's is an extremely good game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

they're boyfriends

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

vampire penguin...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Catfishenfuego posted:

Suppermariobroth has a fantastic ability to word bugs in the most ominous way possible.

An incredibly pro follow

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm thinking about the commercial for the DS Rhythm Heaven with beyonce that I always thought was deeply misleading, tho now that I'm rewatching it I can absolutely see the stress on her face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEYpflE1mJk

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

My gravestone will read PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

a keyboard at the grave, with a single key

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's almost like hollow knight isn't a castlevania or metroid game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I got the progen Mega Man X clone 20XX cause Tim Rogers was raving about it. It's not something I'd ever get normally but I'm glad I did, it's way more fun than it looks.

• Locked thread