Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's Re-MARS-tered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Not enough space in the DVDs

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
They should've put X5 in Vol. 1 and added Command Mission to Vol. 2, the way it is right now I almost want to get both. I won't, but it's kinda unnerving.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

X6 is better than X5 and X3. Low bar I know, but it's true.

The only reason X6 can be seen in a positive light is because of the existence of X7 and X8

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I would probably buy a Megaman Zero Collection that had a larger screen canvas or something.

And also save states because Zero 1 is a loving pain in the rear end without those.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/trostes/status/1013474626809233408

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Mr.Kattykat posted:

Oh hey I finished Prey despite it bugging out on me. Good game but I don't know if I'll ever feel like playing it again; completed basically everything on my first run through so there's not much else to be done but wander around a spaceship taking pretty pictures

The twist was pretty obvious (probably because it was really blatantly choreographed in all the little flashback scenes super early on), but I liked it nonetheless. The achievement I unlocked said I managed to get the most empathetic ending, but it doesn't look like there could be much variance between them beyond the panel of robots judging you for not doing a sidequest. At least in Dishonored you got a slightly different final level depending on how much of a good guy you were, but in Dishonored 2 and now Prey, there's very little difference beyond a couple of different dialogue lines. I still think Death of the Outsider was the worst for this, where the chaos system is just nonexistent and you basically get to pick which of two video files you want to play before the credits. I like all these games, but the morality systems seem to be getting more and more shallow.

uh anyway video games are good, mostly

I liked Prey's moral choices because they actually felt like moral choices. They graded me on a lot of stuff that I did without thinking much about it because I just felt it was the right choice and I never expected to actually be judged at the end.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

i hope hk gives me the wall jump soon

I thought the Wall Jump was the second ability everyone got, after the initial Dash, but I've seen people breaking the order of Hollow Knight by accident so often I honestly don't even know if there's a true, definite path you should be following. Follow your guts, I guess.

Also, the boss that gives the Wall Jump is the one where you realize that Team Cherry put some loving effort into these fights, so enjoy it, it's going to be great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Ubisoft got very close to not existing in 2018 so who even knows.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

oddium posted:

every two hours you would play anno 1404 the nice man would appear in your notifications and say “how ‘bout a coffee break”

i don’t drink coffee though

They were asking you out

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

b_d posted:

where's the evil peach, beach. and the evil bowser, dowser

Peach is already a tyrannical overlord, Daisy is her good counterpart

Evil Bowser is the last boss of Bowser's Inside Story

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

watch Nintendo start a race war

FirstAidKite posted:

I kept biting my tongue and cheek in my sleep :mad:

How's everybody else doing this morning?

I used to bite my cheeks a lot when I got nervous, but when I got braces and couldn't do it anymore I began doing it to my lips. Wish I could quit this but I often find myself only tasting some blood and going "Oh, I did it again..."

And right now I'm thinking what else I could eat for breakfast since the yogurt I had left from yesterday wasn't enough. Then play something, I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm too cold of a person and too much of a cheapskate to not say "Just buy some pretty glasses and save the money" but you can't tell how a person really feels about their appearance and how much it matters to them just by reading a post. This one is all on you, FAK, my bad.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

homeless snail posted:

lol if anyone itt owns a mirror

I think I only look in the mirror when shaving or when I feel something hurting on my face. Sometimes I'm on the bus and I look at my reflection on the window, going "Huh, so that's you."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

I stopped trying to play competitive games when I realized I was the weak link.

I've never :same:'d so hard

I'd rather not play than be a burden for other people.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I've played Ys Origins, Oath of Felgana and Ark of Napishtim and all of them were great. Just be aware that the real treat of the game are the bosses and that a single level might make all the difference.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Odin Sphere also does this thing with the Playable Characters and the Bosses having wildly different scales but with the Vanillaware design in mind

Your characters already have somewhat exaggerated features, but then you get to the ones you have to face and it just goes wild

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
We have some Monster Prom fans here, right

https://www.instagram.com/tetratheripper/

Also, this is the Chick Tingle works most appropriate for this forum

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Pretty sure you shouldn't go to the same psychiatrist. I've been advised to not even go to the same psychiatrist as other family members as it can muddle things, I figure a couple would have the same issue.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I don't think I ever watched a Bond movie. Nothing against them, just never did it. Thought of watching the Craig movies more than once but just kinda forgot about it.

Rarity posted:

My eczema has flared up all over my face and I'm ridiculous amounts of pain, boo. Also I think I might have screwed up the Ultimate Heist in Oblivion :(

Both of those things are related.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The most salient Christopher Lee fact I remember (besides his work as a spoken-word vocalist for a heavy metal album) was that in Lord of the Rings when Peter Jackson tried to direct him on how to act when getting stabbed, Lee was like "I know what sound a man makes when he gets knifed in the back"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQARRckm6U&t=10s

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna be blunt and say I don't understand why we should be worried about this at all since all the psychiatrist does is prescribe the meds depending on how we're doing and the info they get from the therapist since they operate out of the same building.

We're so intertwined with one another that separating us would just create a lot of problems since KCB helps me get through my issues and I help her with getting through her issues and the therapist and psychiatrist both agree that keeping us in the loop is a good thing since it means we can create plans and tackle them together, so when there's something I need to be working on, KCB knows what that is and we can spend the session figuring out how best for her to help with that, or vice versa.

Like, I can understand this being an issue if this were a scenario like how when I was younger, I'd be in therapy and have my mother there as well and that meant I never actually got any help because my mother was the source of my problems and I couldn't very well say that while she was in the room with me, but with KCB and I, we're like each others' support structures and we've grown together in such a way that even though we are two humans so broken that we can't even hold ourselves up, we've managed to work together crippled master style to get through life.

The whole thing's purpose is exactly so you don't influence each other during sessions or that the psychiatrist themselves isn't influenced by the other during one's session but if the medical professional is fine with it, sure, it must not be harming both of you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I thought the age difference in Call Me By Your Name was gross and never watched it

Love, Simon was great though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I don't know why but for the last few months sometimes I wake up with people calling my name. Sometimes it's a hush, sometimes it's a familiar voice, sometimes it's a desperate scream, and it's always specifically and only my first name. Today it was my father's angry yelling and I actually got up a bit scared before remembering we haven't talked in years.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/ifeelrave/status/1015166306767667201

Kojima is just living the good life

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
new game by the Zero Escape series creator was announced at the Anime Expo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qARQz82CChc

Supposedly it's about a series of mysterious murders in a near-future Tokyo and deals with AI(Artifical Intelligence), large-scale surveillance and AI(Love).

Probably going also to be batshit crazy timeline hopping or time traveling too, going by the previous series.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Macaluso posted:

All my friends are super intersted in Anthem and I don't know why :(

Almost none of them were interested in Mario Odyssey and in fact I don't think a single one of them has played it. I think all my friends need lobotomies

Destiny 2 was the best selling game of 2017 and that looked like a bland mess that's already $10 to lure more players into their microtransactions and DLCs, so

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

Dungeon Fighter Online doesn't let you customize the looks of a character since each class has a specific design to them, but you can get avatar items that let you change how they look. So of course this is what my Exorcist looks like.

That's neat but sometimes I like to play with characters that don't look like me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Some guy got to level 1000 a few months ago in Tibia

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I only bought GW2 because it didn't have a subscription. Played a bit with the Engineer because I like shooty classes but quit around the time I got to level 30(?) when the Dungeons are unlocked because that seemed like a bunch of min/max bullshit.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's that MMO that has actual combat

is it good

TERA's alright :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
My TERA post was in jest, it's garbage.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

I see the appeal of internet forums!!!

I also see the appeal of discord. Basically, unsorted discussion or discussion sorted by person seem way way worse than discussion sorted by topic

Discord can be useful

Internet Kraken posted:

Because you loving work for them. What about this are you not comprehending?

If you think people should just be able to vent whenever and wherever they want then your problems with society are much bigger than this incidient.

I didn't say it was a firable offense. In fact I'm pretty sure I said multiple times the only reason it escalated was because she was a woman in the workplace being vocally upset.

You're insane

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
doing the In Training Challenge, huh

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Mr E posted:

I'm gonna.

play Umbrella Corps, you coward

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

people like wots4 more than 3 afaik

3 must be a crime against humanity then because I have 4 and it is garbage

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Moon Monster posted:

WotS is a game concept I want to like but whenever I've tried it the actual gameplay has been just utterly dismal.

I remember being in awe of 1 when I first played but that was over 10 years ago so maybe I was the one who changed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
He was raving about it the other day

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1014305467227504640

edit: Kojima is such a loving westaboo, goddamnit

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1015438062799613953

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Automata, probably. BB might be trickier.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

exquisite tea posted:

In the Dishonored games it's really easy to accidentally kill people but there's no way to un-kill them. If they ever make another one I think they should give you an ability that brings dudes back to life so you can go "my bad" or find even more devious ways of killing them.

Isn't that an actual gameplay mechanic in InFamous?

Saint Freak posted:

Technically killing everyone means no one witnessed you. Galaxy brain stealth.

Pretty sure MGSV runs by this exact logic. There is not one to witness you if you leave no witnesses.

(I think the score is "Alerts" so if you kill someone when they see you but before they can trigger the rest of their troop, you're clean)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

You son of a bitch

• Locked thread