Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

At least you could get all the NES games in one volume. This seriously has to be what? Three games in one volume and two in the other?? Like, Jesus Christ.

Lol at this underestimation of the number of MMX games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

:lol: Vol 2 literally has one game that isn't complete garbage, while vol 1 is all good. Why would you even get vol 2?

I've never played any of them so I'm gonna get both.

Also it probably works out better for Capcom just to split them up evenly regardless of quality so that people can just pick up the one instead of unevenly and pissing off people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Shortest Path posted:

Wait why are they porting No Man's Sky to the xbone? Isn't that game extremely bad?

Might as well try and wring some more money out of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Andrast posted:

Moving loving sucks

Moving when I had to take everything with me, instead of just leaving a bunch at my parents that I'd 'sort out one day', was the second worst experience of my life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

In many ways, avatars are the bumper stickers of the forums

I wouldn't buy someone a bumper sticker of something they hate then stick it to their car

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

To someone who has never played another YS game, how is YS Origin?

The best

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's where I stopped playing and I didn't care enough to start again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Remember Me had a black lady protagonist iirc

Also any game that lets me make my own character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I registered for the :filez: forums then they shut them down two months later, but it was too late....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The opening of FO2 is probably the worst intro to a game ever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ataxerxes posted:

So, could you fellows recommend me something along the lines of SOTN and the GBA Castlevanias, on PC? I have played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and liked that, too. Something Castlevania-esque, fantasy or horror themed rather than sci-fi. Something where you can change weapons and/or spells or other abilities. Or something that has multiple playable characters.

Edit: Also, I have La Mulana.

Valdis Story maybe?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samuringa posted:

Jesus Christ, it's 14 or 15 C°, the human body was not made to endure this frozen hell

I just sneezed so hard I think I disjointed something

I guess this is what it feels like when people in Florida hear me complain about it being too hot at 25 C

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing turns me away from a game quicker than 'procgen' and any variation of roguelike, I'll just wait for the MMX collections.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not while you have a microwave that works

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Said minimising effort, nothing about it being edible

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

If you are reheating takeout or something, sure, but if not you'd still need to clean whatever you heated the food in. With the oven you can just line the pan with foil.

Not if all my meals come prepackaged with neat microwave heating times on them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr E posted:

Done with RE1 for a while at least. I have no idea how I'd cut out over an hour for the infinite rocket launcher. Maybe with Jill. I'll play through Watch________________Dogs 2 for a while and then go to RE2.

Save no one and don't bother getting the magnum with Jill saves a bunch of time. That's a lot harder with Chris obviously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She was one of the hardest bosses in the game too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

also the part where you get a flute that lets you summon the rock beast, and you can either go back inside its dungeon or challenge it to a fight and if you challenge it to a fight this happens

I never actually beat that I don't think but I stole an item I needed from it then ran away once

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Forgot Blue Dragon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

star ocean 1, 4 and 5 are intriguing for how they actively avoid doing anything remotely competent with any decision they make with writing or design

also how literally all of the hype for so5 on sa was people hoping it might be not as bad as tales of zestiria and then it came out and it was just kind of aimless

As someone who finished both it was probably worse than Zesteria but also half the length.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Symphonia mimics can go gently caress themselves, I'd rather deal with Dark Souls ones, at least I can see them breathe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only difference is 30fps instead of 60 because they used the PS2 version as a base instead of GC since it has more stuff.

Now the PC port, woof

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity posted:

I found an archive for Computer and Video Games magazine so I've been reading game journalism from the early 80s. It's amazing to see how hard they talk up laserdiscs as the future of the industry.

That was the first videogames magazine I started reading, around the early 90's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Duchovny played the main character in XIII too and also sounded like he was falling asleep the whole time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

32-bit boob bounce is a good username

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's dead anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

How do I get less CleanPrinceGaming or DownwardThrust videos in my youtubes? Do I downvote their videos or is there some other way

You can just click on 'not interested' whenever they pop up in your recommendations, I dunno how much that helps though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kojima and Araki hanging out at the Tokyo vampire convention

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Majora's Mask and BotW are my least favourite Zelda games.

Wait that's not true Spirit Tracks still sucks more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Finished SiN and then SiN Episodes

it's hilarious how much of an HL2 knockoff Episodes is. but I also like HL2-type games???

Episode

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm close to finishing my Proud mode run of Kingdom Hearts 1, just not looking forward to the insane boss gauntlet at the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

Its easy. Just spam Strike Raid and then use an Ether if you run out of MP.

You'll be unable to die so hard that you'll literally achieve immortality in real life.

Huh I never use any of those moves since I like to save my mp for Aero and Cure while I facetank stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay I finished KH1 proud, died a bunch to Ansem's second form since I sucked at dodging literally everything in it but other than that wasn't too bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

I wonder if the demo ending right before the RTS elements appeared was intentional or not

It didn't, the demo was like 30 minutes long the RTS stuff didn't even appear until like 1/3 of the way through the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You needed to at least once for the Phoenix(?) materia.

I always did it the first time you could as well because I thought you had to for some reason but I was just being dumb.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Turtles in Time is one of easiest best em ups I can think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've no idea who this Ted guy even is

• Locked thread