Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knorth posted:

Oh no! Nagisa, it's the other girl you need to defeat! She's got her wires crossed!
Nagisa goes where only a few spiky-haired MC's have gone before!

(Fighting videogames notwithstanding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
gotta get a gif of ayane going yandere in the gym

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol @ one of the Izumi kids referring to Nagisa as simply “boobs”

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol did they? I must have missed that

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Sep 17, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The badminton/slenderman crossover looking pretty good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Because I know something you don't know...I am not let handed!" :aaaaa:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 23, 2018

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
lmao Badmom "I deeply hosed my daughter up and it owns."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This is also explains why in the manga version of Ayano first visiting the club, when she plays Nagisa she accidentally does it right-handed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wait, I sort of dropped this (following manga still), but

Badmom made her daughter play left handed for reasons? When she's actually right handed? And if so, was this enforced via discipline or something?

e: assuming that is correct, it's not entirely a bad thing, per se. There's been documented cases of people who are normally a righty training themselves to be a lefty for an advantage in sports. Ichiro Suzuki is a prime example of this. He trained himself to be left handed for that extra couple of feet advantage when leaving the batter's box in baseball.

However, that said, it's been well documented that forcing a child, against their will, to use their non-dominant hand can deeply gently caress them up (I say against their will because if a kid breaks their arm or something and can't use their writing hand, it doesn't screw them up, probably because they know that it's only temporary). Religious schools were really adamant that you use your right hand to write in the past, and enforced it with punishments for not doing it. It royally screwed people up.

iospace fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 23, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
All we know is that at the very end of 12 she's losing badly to Nagisa and is a hair away from a mental breakdown when suddenly she returns a shot right-handed.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nagisa's at the last boss fight and got to the final phase where they show their true form.

Lotsa good crazyface in this one, and I hope the finale keeps it up. The flashbacks just confirm what I said earlier about Ayano being a really poor loser, so I really hope she gets defeated so she can finally admit that its okay to lose and grow as a result.

Also, Nagisa's crush on Tachibana must be so awkward. Remember coach, she might be six feet tall and ripped as hell but she's still a teenager.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I was expecting her to say something about how Ayano needs to stop coming up with excuses and how she could see how her daughter's obsession with badminton was becoming unhealthy, but nope just went straight in the other direction and it totally does own.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 23, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

"I trained her wrong, as a joke."

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Poor Ayano. :(

I kinda hate Badmom even more now. Hopefully Elena can help her get away or something.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:yeah:

:yeah!!!:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp Ayano looks like she's about to murder someone in every single shot she's in.

Really. You don't say.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 23, 2018

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/LwS5nxq.mp4

You know how Ayano keeps going on about how it "doesn't count" when she loses? I wonder if it goes the other way if she wins because Nagisa's knee gives out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Best moment: Ayano bouncing her racket on her shoulder like a delinquent with a baseball bat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The whole last few episodes showing Ayano's descent into sports show villain has been great, poo poo talking teammates, provoking Aragaki, plotting murder, and the best part is everyone's hero Aragaki being completely unfazed by any of it.

And while Ayano's mom is clearly an absolutely awful parent, her little bit about what she wanted Ayano to understand about high level competition in sports isn't really wrong. It's just that the only thing Ayano absorbed from that (because her mother is awful) was winning, and that makes it more important that the winner of this game doesn't actually matter for the tournament.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

gotta get a gif of ayane going yandere in the gym

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/1044017246182486018

close enough!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, still thinking about this episode and rewatching bits of it. It's probably the best one in the show. The crowd cheers fading out when Aragaki says they're in their own world on the court is an obvious thing to do but it still hits.

The show about badminton.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 24, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Oh, that's the clip you wanted? I got you~

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

Oh, that's the clip you wanted? I got you~

yeah that's the good poo poo, thanks

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sindai posted:

Best moment: Ayano bouncing her racket on her shoulder like a delinquent with a baseball bat.

https://i.imgur.com/ZmjguQc.mp4

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dear god, this anime is going to destroy me. :tviv:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm real worried about all those knee shots. This is going to be a long week.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

This is a good sports anime about a healthy rivalry, yes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

This is a good sports anime about a healthy rivalry, yes.
Ayano straight up makes some of the weirdos from Golden Kamuy appear well-adjusted.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Coming into this show expecting just a reg sports anime but with a female cast, and then it twisting into this weird deconstruction of the genre with a decoy protagonist is so weird. I like it though and i’ll definitely be jumping into the manga when this ends

Sindai posted:

"I trained her wrong, as a joke."

ahahaha

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Coming into this show expecting just a reg sports anime but with a female cast, and then it twisting into this weird deconstruction of the genre with a decoy protagonist is so weird. I like it though and i’ll definitely be jumping into the manga when this ends

ahahaha

The manga is almost entirely different.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They really gave it a standard sports anime ending but at least jerkface Ayano lives on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

They really gave it a standard sports anime ending but at least jerkface Ayano lives on.

I'm happy with it and the actual match was exhausting. Probably not the ending some people were hoping for for bad mom, but I don't think it invalidates the whole show or anything like that.

Also yeah, the true Ayano has many faces.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Sindai posted:

Ayano has actually gone full Goku. It's great. What a good show.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
ED Kaoruko rules. HappyJerk Ayanon rules. Badmom still bad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
When they had the rough-drawn bits and text-screens early on I was hoping they'd go full Gainax Ending.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Miss me with badmom getting away with her bullshit. The rest of the episode was pretty good tho'. Especially that tearful scene with Elena. Her thanking her for never abandoning her means a lot more than... whatever the writers were trying to do with her mom. She didn't earn any kind of forgiveness and I feel like the writers just have some really unhealthy/toxic ideas about family.

Ayanon is still the best sports antagonist, at least. :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man that was an intense final match. I'm glad jerk!Ayanon lives on but in a lesser form. I'm less glad that bad-o-mum is kinda forgiven. Oh well.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah!! God, that was a grueling match, Aragaki sobbing at the end, she did it... :unsmith: All the post-game stuff was great, True Ayanon is a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Still pissed about Ayano's mom but whatever, it's anime. Writers tend to be beep boop how do humans work so I'll let it pass. It's been fun.

• Locked thread