Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Space Flower posted:

im glad for the ending to keijo
I knew that ribbon looked familiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe the quality of animation this show is maintaining.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Maybe she was being threatened by the international badminton mafia and had to cut all ties to protect her.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Poor Ayano, cursed to have an endless parade of crazy badminton girls obsessed with her.

If this turns out to be one of those terrible sports anime parent things where her mom abandoned her to make her stronger and go raise a rival for her and Ayano eventually ends up being okay with that I'm going to scream.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 22, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Claudia: learns the value of lighthearted anime bath molestation

Ayano: back to having her mind slowly disintegrated

It's true what they say, the badminton life just ain't fair

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Next episode, Ayano snaps and decapitates pink haired girl with her ultimate killer move while bad mom nods approvingly. Just as planned.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I forgot is Ayano's mom the consecutive champion of Japan or the world? because I feel like the kids should recognize her if she was the Tiger Woods of women's badminton.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ayano offering her her handkerchief back with her creepy smile was great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This whole time I thought Connie's team was at the same regionals, whoops.

I'm curious how the regionals play out in the manga, since as far as I can tell Nozomi is an anime addition and she got a lot of screen time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah it was weird she showed up and then vanished again and had no reaction to Ayano playing pink haired girl considering their last match was apparently the catalyst for abandoning her only child for several years.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think there have been vague hints she had absent or neglectful parent(s).

So you know, she and Ayano have a lot to bond over.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Suddenly I have a guess about what happened to Ayano's dad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Meanwhile, it turns out that in the manga all of our wacky conjecture about badmom raising badminton daughters all over the world might actually be true, since it just revealed she has a Chinese one.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 9, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I find it really hard to blame Ayano for anything with how completely terrible her mom is.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"Because I know something you don't know...I am not let handed!" :aaaaa:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 23, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This is also explains why in the manga version of Ayano first visiting the club, when she plays Nagisa she accidentally does it right-handed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
All we know is that at the very end of 12 she's losing badly to Nagisa and is a hair away from a mental breakdown when suddenly she returns a shot right-handed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

LibrarianCroaker posted:

lmao Badmom "I deeply hosed my daughter up and it owns."
"I trained her wrong, as a joke."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Best moment: Ayano bouncing her racket on her shoulder like a delinquent with a baseball bat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They really gave it a standard sports anime ending but at least jerkface Ayano lives on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This show's OP is incredibly good and I watched the whole thing every time. I think it's the only show this season with that distinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I do wish the anime had kept the manga's craziness. Turns out Chinese badminton daughter wasn't a daughter at all, but actually the number one ranked women's badminton player in the world, who happens to be able to pass for a teenager. Somehow nobody recognizes her until the match is over.

Badmom set up the match while dangling the promise of Ayano being able to see badmom again if she wins in order to drive her to the edge and draw out her true power. As bad as anime mom is manga mom is hilariously even worse.

Also, Ayano's dad exists.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 1, 2018

• Locked thread