Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Hanebado! is a sports anime about girls badminton, adapted from a Seinen manga of the same name, which is still on going.

Plot Synopis posted:

Ayano Hanesaki, a first-year student at Kanagawa Prefectural Kitakomachi High School, has a badminton ability able to surpass others effortlessly yet avoids playing the sport. She meets Nagisa Aragaki, a third-year student who practices day and night aiming to become the best player in Japan. Encouraged by coach Tachibana Kentarou, supported by club colleagues, and fired up by various rivals, the two engage in their youth and adored sport so thrilling like a shuttle flown at high speed!

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QOGVlAnZQ8

From what I have heard, this is a very realistic take on the sport. No super powers or shounen-esque moments.
The first episode was very good and while hitting the same plot points as the manga, did so completely differently making it a lot more serious which worked better.
I think the direction so far is great, but the directors only other full show is Gunslinger Stratos which apparently is not very good, so we'll see.

Important characters so far:

Ayano
The protagonist, seems to be incredibly good at badminton but doesn't want to play it anymore.

Nagisa
Captain of the badminton club and wants it to succeed, but is being too harsh on the other members.

Riko
Nagisa's friend and vice-captain of the club.

Elena
Ayano's friend and just wants her to play badminton.

Kentaro
Brought in by the teacher to try and coach the club into shape.

The show airs every Sunday and you can watch it on Crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Couldn't really think of anything else for the title, if someone has better suggestions then by all means. I also don't have PM's so I don't know how to go about requesting getting it changed.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 2, 2018

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Hanebado! - An awful racket

This is good enough.

I'd have gone with "Sadminton" if this episode didn't end on a seemingly happy note.

Could Matoi update the title or someone with PM's let them know? Much appreciated.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks for the thread title, it's great.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Negrostrike posted:

Maybe she'll snob her jerkass mom when she becomes the world's best badminton player or whatever. I can't see a reasonable redemption scenario on this.

I feel like becoming world's best badminton player would just make the mom happy, even if she told her mom to gently caress off on live TV or something.

• Locked thread