Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So she left her kid to go screw some cute french girl?

I can respect that.

I thought this was a great episode and this and last ep showed what we can likely expect the standard episode animation to look like which was still solid. I know some people were worried it might do a Keijo (ironically) and blow its budget in the first episode but that doesn't look like it'll happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I got way behind on this so I just caught up and drat I love this show. I know people aren't on board with the drama but I'm eating it up.

I also just want to say how great that Kaoroku match was in terms of the transitions and camerawork. That slow-mo part where Ayano goes out of frame to the back of the court then Kaoruko goes "Theres no way she can get back to the net in time" only for Ayano to just slide back into the frame and swat it down was fantastic. Darth Ayano is perfect.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with Uchika. From what I know of the manga Ayano isn't that badly affected by it or at least gets over it and its treated more lightly as Uchika just not being that motherly and as a kind of Ging-esque 'Come find me when you're ready for greater challenges' thing. So I really respect the anime for going 'Um, thats actually pretty hosed up and would screw your child up you idiot.' At the same time its caused people to really loathe her and get very hostile towards her actions and relationships when I don't think the anime has actually portrayed her as being malicious or a bad person. I doubt the anime is going to paint her as a villain or have Ayano completely sever the relationship as people seem to be expecting so I'm anticipating some serious backlash.

I also like the change in Ayano's character a lot from how in the manga she's utterly curbstomped everyone she's played against and is just unreachably above everyone else.

• Locked thread