Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Watched all four available eps today. This is really solid it’s only flaws imho were the bizarre jiggle physics in that opening scene, and (episode 3 spoiler) protagonist’s mum leaving her because she had a cold and lost one match :wtc: lol that’s ridiculous i hope she returns later on with an actual explanation

also the thread could use a funnier/more clever title

Badmomton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do like how the show doesn’t take the characters’ drama entirely seriously. Especially since the moral seems to be ‘yo, you girls are getting way too het up about a fun game’.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dudermcbrohan posted:

i didn't know this had a thread this show owns. ayano's descent into becoming a demon is great and her lines about "gently caress fun, play to win" are the (most likely unintentionally) funniest parts of this show

I’m not sure it’s unintentional. The direction is applying the melodrama in a fun, self-aware way with a lot of moments of tension-deflating comedy, and the sports drama being ridiculous fits well with the core message of ‘christ, people, it’s just a game, have some fun for once in your lives’.

• Locked thread