Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

L-O-N posted:

Man, there no excuse for abandoning your child. Hopefully they won't hand-wave away whatever reason the mom had.

There are plenty of excuses, so I'm hoping that she's being threatened with the guillotine should her trainee ever lose a game, and the show ends with a touching reunion between mother and child followed by a Russian Badminton robot killing her with a smash.

I'd also laugh if she suddenly suffered amnesia and accidentally found her way into Europe, genuinely just forgetting her family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Radish posted:

If this show doesn't have her evil mom watching her play while doing the iconic Gendo pose (the one where his fingers are together and his mouth obscured) it's really missing an oppurtunity.

I'd love it if she just walks up to Ayano and simply says "You're adopted." and then reveals a massive album full of random badminton children she's raised and abandoned before watching her play and assuming that pose.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I have the sneaking feeling the show is gonna try and do something to redeem bad mom

I dunno, my theory of the network of badminton babies is getting more credence.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Ayano really is the actual worst. Somehow worse than scummiest coach.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

I'm still holding onto Badminton Orphanage owner Uchika, who has raised hundreds of Bad Kids.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Okay, now I'm expecting her to not have actually abandoned her daughter, but actually just got a job managing Connie and flies back and forth regularly, and is often too tired to play badminton with Ayano. Ayano just conveniently cuts those parts out of her flashback.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

I love how Gaku's character story and progression is presented through off-screen implications.

Everyone's actually been pretty dang relevant, even if they didn't get the screen time. Ayano continues to be horrible.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Sindai posted:

Meanwhile, it turns out that in the manga all of our wacky conjecture about badmom raiding badminton daughters all over the world might actually be true, since it just revealed she has a Chinese one.

:smuggo:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Sindai posted:

They really gave it a standard sports anime ending but at least jerkface Ayano lives on.

Ayano has actually gone full Goku. It's great. What a good show.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Knorth posted:

She wasn't forgiven, her attempt at having a relationship with her daughter was rejected. Ayano realising she loves badminton for herself instead of just as a means of working out her anger/punishing others is part of Ayano moving on

This, she didnt let her toxic bullshit drag her down. She said gently caress off, but you might still be fun to play with. For the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Ccs posted:

I'm nearly done with the series but there's a giant hole in the center of the plot which is how did this Japanese woman just go to a foreign country, find a girl who was good a badminton, and then just adopt her? Didn't the kid have parents? Or did she travel around from school to school asking "hey do you have any orphaned badminton prodigies I can adopt?"

I think she was hired to coach them. The adoption came after.

• Locked thread