Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

So...this is badminton's Evangelion, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That pink-haired girl should be arrested for biological warfare.

Also, gently caress you, jerk hot mom. Her excuse is probably some bullshit like "I could't stand seeing badminton take a toll on your health/needed to let you grow independently" or whatever.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

UnderFreddy posted:

The author really likes Denmark it seems. Connie randomly said "Vrste" which is of course danish and also makes pretty much no sense. And the other team? school? is named Fredericia Girls with Fredericia being a city in Denmark (and from googling nothing in Japan so completely made up).

Liking the show so far, though!

Denmark is pretty big on badminton. I guess the best in the Western world.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Breaking news: Mom still a jerk.

Also the ED is longer this week. Scenes from the current episode and stuff. I wonder why. :thunk:

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 30, 2018

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Maybe she'll snob her jerkass mom when she becomes the world's best badminton player or whatever. I can't see a reasonable redemption scenario on this.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What about Fredericia's uniforms? Half of it is a swimsuit. Left crotch exposed to the air.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ayano can also kick Thorfinn's rear end on badminton, I'm sure.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

:sever:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Coxswain Balls posted:

Ayano and her mom are the worst, which makes me like all the side characters even more. If Ayano does end up winning in the end, I hope that she still comes out of it unhappy and broken, while everyone else still has peers that care about them despite their flaws because of their self-awareness.

Not her fault though

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Furu pawaa Aragaki

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well, I guess it makes more sense than a Love Live x M.D. Geist collab or something like that.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

She's pretty much being presented as the antagonist but goddamnit her attitude is so justifiable to me.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Still pissed about Ayano's mom but whatever, it's anime. Writers tend to be beep boop how do humans work so I'll let it pass. It's been fun.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

They sure know their Chinese huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ccs posted:

I'm nearly done with the series but there's a giant hole in the center of the plot which is how did this Japanese woman just go to a foreign country, find a girl who was good a badminton, and then just adopt her? Didn't the kid have parents? Or did she travel around from school to school asking "hey do you have any orphaned badminton prodigies I can adopt?"

anime

• Locked thread