Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Love the first episode. The badminton match felt fast and frenetic. The characters seemed interesting.

I'm really interested to get to know the side characters as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Spoilers for tone of the first chapter of the manga only.
Just read the first chapter of the manga as comparison and the tone is much lighter there. I really like the direction they went for here and it should give the matches more weight.

Edit: spoiler tag.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 2, 2018

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Sorry, I just read the first chapter as a comparison, and the tone was an interesting discussion point as the contrast in tone. Don't think I'll read anymore until the season ends.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 2, 2018

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Nobody is ever happy. :( Sorry I've opened this can of worms.

spoiler here

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
:justpost:

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 2, 2018

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Do you mean Ayano's reaction to badminton and the coach's speech about talent? I do think that the members quitting were a reasonable reaction.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
I admit that I didn't figure out that Ayano was the opponent in the opening minutes until she met Nagisa's friend after school. After I did, I appreciated the little gestures Elena was making on a second watch. Commenting on there being a Badminton club, giving Ayano looks when discussing badminton, etc.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Man, there no excuse for abandoning your child. Hopefully they won't hand-wave away whatever reason the mom had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
I wanted to see Nagisa win her match instead of being glossed over. :(

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 22, 2018

• Locked thread