Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Please do not get broken back Kevin.

e: He didn't choke for once!

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What a point, what a game, please hold.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Isner needs to gently caress off.
I hated him before finding out he's a MAGA moron; him being a serve-bot and Trump supporter basically makes him satan.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

ITS DONE

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jesus. Finally.

In then end though, Anderson is gonna lose the final after he destroyed his body today.

Wait, this went on so long they have to delay the final until Monday, won't they?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Win it all, Kevin.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Isner was definitely hanging on by a thread there for a while, he had zero chance on Anderson's serve for the last handful of games and Anderson was getting close to breaking him over and over

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Get hosed Isner

I don't particularly like Anderson but at least he was fun to watch against Federer the other day.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Djokovic and Nadal have three hours to play a five set match under the roof.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Thanks.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

sweet jesus

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Sodium Chloride posted:

Djokovic and Nadal have three hours to play a five set match under the roof.

Will they stop play at midnight?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

fancyclown posted:

As per Wimbledon tradition, at midnight the puma is released.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Win it all, Kevin.

This would be the Best Ending.

I'm happy for Anderson, he seems like a genuinely likeable dude and it's nice to back up the upset with another win. Who would've thought he'd be a finalist in two of the last four majors.

And gently caress Isner, of course.

fancyclown posted:

I think the curfew is 11pm.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

I think the curfew is 11pm.

And 30-40 minutes to close the roof before they can start

Puckish Rogue posted:

As per Wimbledon tradition, at midnight the puma is released.

Can’t wait

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I kinda think that before the grand final if you get to 15 all next game should win. Its so unfair for them down the line to keep playing this long.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man it's gonna suck when Anderson loses the final. Don't see how he recovers from two marathon matches unless the final is Monday.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

We are guaranteed this will continue tomorrow, which is great news for Anderson.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is a great match so far

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Epic tiebreak. Good lord.

Play suspended?

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

This match is amazing and to hell with the curfew rules and no tiebreak 5th set for interrupting it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I prefer the US Open where they play until 3am if need be

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

same here, ironically the US is now the only major where the 5th set still goes to a tiebreak

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
As much as I dislike how much attention is given to the very top players at the expense of the rest, I have to admit it's really great to watch two ATGs go at it again and produce a superb contest. The last time was AO 2017 and it's been slim pickings since. I may wish some of my favorite players would step up - Goffin or Kyrgios or whoever - but watching Nadal and Djokovic last night makes it so clear how much plain better they are.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
True dat. So many great drop shots and that tie-break, holy moly. I hope Rafa has the energy for a comeback today.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Glare Seethe posted:

As much as I dislike how much attention is given to the very top players at the expense of the rest, I have to admit it's really great to watch two ATGs go at it again and produce a superb contest. The last time was AO 2017 and it's been slim pickings since. I may wish some of my favorite players would step up - Goffin or Kyrgios or whoever - but watching Nadal and Djokovic last night makes it so clear how much plain better they are.

Nail on the head. As these matches get fewer and farther between each one makes me think about how lucky we’ve been to see these guys face off so many times

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Strap yourselves in for the fifth set.

We should be fine if they keep up with the breaks.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
breakdancin the night away
Nadal doesn't have it this set.

e: and as I type this, he whallops two unreturnable services. Maybe he does.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

jesus christ that match save drop shot aaaah

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Whenever you drop shot down a match point an angel gets its wings

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want this to go the distance too.

Just have the gentlemen's final be two husks shambling across the grass

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

i’m so happy for anderson right now

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's happening again. Feel bad for Williams and kerber, honestly.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is the one time I will root for djoker, nadal can’t catch Federer in slams

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That was a great tussle.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

ugh I wanted a rematch so bad

on the bright side maybe we’ve passed through a wormhole to 2015 and Trump isn’t president

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I've been seeing ads for a documentary about Federer-Nadal '08, I might go look that up

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I've been seeing ads for a documentary about Federer-Nadal '08, I might go look that up

They just replayed that match on one of the ESPNs a couple days ago. Even knowing how it ended up, it was still just as riveting as when it happened.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Serene looking a bit sluggish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Ugh gently caress off djokovic.

• Locked thread