Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bethesda's at their best when they just give a good developer like Arkane bottomless pockets and leave them unmolested to make cool poo poo like dishonored and prey.

speaking of bethesda and heelturns, doom 2016. i think everyone expected it to be complete trash, and its sales reflected that until critics and users were screaming "Oh poo poo this is actually good" and it turned into a huge success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Bethesda is great and it's CEO is big and strong. You should all preorder some Bethesda games uhhh. For fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it’s important to distinguish between Bethesda the publisher and Bethesda Game Studios the developer

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Xbox Ambassador posted:

It’s been a very long time
November 2004 really is long ago now. :corsair:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Givin posted:

Nintendo is the Sting of this faction. A fan favorite all the way through, even through the bad times, never strayed from the path of the light. All of their friends eventually betray them. The Switch is the equivalent of coming out of the rafters with a baseball bat and destroying everyone.

No, oval office. Sting sucks loving rear end.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HORMELCHILI posted:

No, oval office. Sting sucks loving rear end.

I guess Nintendo is sting

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Xbox Ambassador posted:

lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
duke nukem was a heel turned face after 3D, then in the years after he became a godlike face, then Forever was like him returning and smashing a dumpster directly into JR

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

*coughs and laughs simultaneously making the exact noise of an og jurassic park raptor*

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

*coughs and laughs simultaneously making the exact noise of an og jurassic park raptor*

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

2d Duke Nukem is totally face

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

not wrong lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ol yeller posted:

not wrong lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

HORMELCHILI posted:

Cocky, catchphrases, sunglasses and kicks rear end. He's cleary The Rock!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

bethesda's at their best when they just give a good developer like Arkane bottomless pockets and leave them unmolested to make cool poo poo like dishonored and prey.

speaking of bethesda and heelturns, doom 2016. i think everyone expected it to be complete trash, and its sales reflected that until critics and users were screaming "Oh poo poo this is actually good" and it turned into a huge success.

I wonder what arkane gonna do next cause the cool crazy french dude that ran it for all their games pretty much retired after prey.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it’s important to distinguish between Bethesda the publisher and Bethesda Game Studios the developer

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intelligent systems going from advance wars/FE to nothing but FE and then even more worse FE games and then the Gacha FE mobile game that makes them millions a day

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Intelligent systems going from advance wars/FE to nothing but FE and then even more worse FE games and then the Gacha FE mobile game that makes them millions a day

int systems making a great RPG, paper mario, and then maybe one of the greatest RPGs ever, TTYD, and then refusing to make any more paper marios in this style and just making sticker star+sequels that no one likes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

extremebuff posted:

int systems making a great RPG, paper mario, and then maybe one of the greatest RPGs ever, TTYD, and then refusing to make any more paper marios in this style and just making sticker star+sequels that no one likes

Yep

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know its already been mentioned but thinking about valve and the gradual corrosion of team fortress 2/the fate of half life makes my blood boil lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oh god yeah, i can't think of this too much without a single advance wars tear rolling down my cheek

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i know its already been mentioned but thinking about valve and the gradual corrosion of team fortress 2/the fate of half life makes my blood boil lol

They just stopped working on it entirely for months at a time, years between updates that consisted of a single map and some hats...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tf2 was a classic of game and still would be today if valve ever did anything.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

After years of people telling valve their store algorithms sucked and they needed to pay people to curate the storefront they finally listened and decided

Every piece of garbage is allowed now lol, no rules forever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They've been making a dota hearthstone clone for years now, after most people already moved past wanting new hearthstones.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I friggin hate valve.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the lootboxes were an experiment and when idiots bought into it in a HUGE way valve decided actual game development wasn't worth the effort when they could just steal community made skins and sell them forever

valve also used to pay artists putting up their stuff on workshop a substantial % of the revenue, and then one day without announcement cut that down to like 1% or less and anyone who complained about it was taken off the shop (while valve kept their work of course). epic company

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

extremebuff posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

extremebuff posted:

the lootboxes were an experiment and when idiots bought into it in a HUGE way valve decided actual game development wasn't worth the effort when they could just steal community made skins and sell them forever

valve also used to pay artists putting up their stuff on workshop a substantial % of the revenue, and then one day without announcement cut that down to like 1% or less and anyone who complained about it was taken off the shop (while valve kept their work of course). epic company
:capitalism:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Tf2 was a classic of game and still would be today if valve ever did anything.

The Xbox 360 version is still good and works on the Xbox One.... maybe I'll install it today

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

They've been making a dota hearthstone clone for years now, after most people already moved past wanting new hearthstones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Codemasters for forgetting how to make good almost sim-racing games and dropping support of new games days after release.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Codemasters for forgetting how to make good almost sim-racing games and dropping support of new games days after release.

? i heard the official f1 series was pretty good these days, codemasters do that right. plus dirt rally which definitely was good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, but i do remember a story where the team who develops the f1 series , or at least one of the teams since theres probably a couple, plagiarised some guys free f1 assetto corsa mod without credit for one of the f1 games. kind of insane to think about when you think that theyre the official f1 game developers and formula one is worth billions of dollars

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/08/classic-car-in-f1-2017-appears-to-be-modders-work/ sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

and allegedly offered to buy a copy of the model “as gesture of good will” from the modder’s Turbosquid page (an asset-sharing site where the model costs $159).

lmfao

• Locked thread