Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cliffyb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was going to make a thread about him killing himself before 2019 by linking some of his more manic tweets but it annoyed and depressed me at the same time.
yeah i unfollowed him on twitter cause it was just getting pathetic, its also impossible to see him as a lovable idiot when he fired dozens via a tweet lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i'm having a really hard time thinking of the opposite of this dynamic, lol

most companies that start with a bad or mediocre game just die outright

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bethesda's at their best when they just give a good developer like Arkane bottomless pockets and leave them unmolested to make cool poo poo like dishonored and prey.

speaking of bethesda and heelturns, doom 2016. i think everyone expected it to be complete trash, and its sales reflected that until critics and users were screaming "Oh poo poo this is actually good" and it turned into a huge success.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Intelligent systems going from advance wars/FE to nothing but FE and then even more worse FE games and then the Gacha FE mobile game that makes them millions a day

int systems making a great RPG, paper mario, and then maybe one of the greatest RPGs ever, TTYD, and then refusing to make any more paper marios in this style and just making sticker star+sequels that no one likes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know its already been mentioned but thinking about valve and the gradual corrosion of team fortress 2/the fate of half life makes my blood boil lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the lootboxes were an experiment and when idiots bought into it in a HUGE way valve decided actual game development wasn't worth the effort when they could just steal community made skins and sell them forever

valve also used to pay artists putting up their stuff on workshop a substantial % of the revenue, and then one day without announcement cut that down to like 1% or less and anyone who complained about it was taken off the shop (while valve kept their work of course). epic company

• Locked thread