Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Babushka is wife, 1 pound of cinnamon on a crepe, seafood quiche is a dessert...

I cannot wait for the next set of blunders.

I bet Fugu is gonna be a recipe that anyone can cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe a goon can make close approximations of these 'dishes' for the thread.

A pound of cinnamon with some crepe in it, and looking forward to a delicious seafood quiche dessert.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We already have Cinnamon Challenge: The Crepe; so I wonder if there is an ice bucket challenge recipie

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At the end of the LP you should totally make a restaurant/s that have only the absurd recipies on them, and then write up a what-if kitchen nightmares episode where Gordon Ramsay goes to one of those restaurants.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aesculus posted:

We're microwaving whole skin-on, bone-in fish. In a steakhouse. Three of them, in fact, but only enough to total 113.5 grams of fish somehow.

Is there a white fish small enough for that? Did the developers ever cook a meal in their lives?

Put it on the menu

I get the feeling they subsisted entirely off of fast food and cup ramen.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm honestly surprised that a professional chef who has never seen this game before has not been presented with these 'recipes' and his reaction to this absurdity recorded to put on youtube.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

0.08 tbsp of paprika? Armand clearly knows he's operating in a market terrified of actual flavors, and will spread his restaurant dominance into the great plains in no time.

It will go well with the pile of cinnamon with a hint of crepe dish. Too much flavor and too little flavor should cancel out.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

"Armand, we have to stop OmniFood! They've gone too far!"

"What have they done, uncle? Have they begun using slave labor? Have they done hostile takeovers? Assassinations of rival chefs?"

"Worse! They're using science to create far superior food for a lower price instead of selling customers expired seafood in red wine for way too much money!"

".....those bastards!"

:allears: I am eagerly anticipating the restaurant empire 2 LP.
More bizarro recipes, more absurd plotlines.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ow, my eyes!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its too bad the floor texture can't cycle between each style so we'd have the tackiest color changing disco floor in existence.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A tangerine dish without tangerines.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A pound of cinnamon here, a kilo of potatoes there...

At the end of the restaurant empire 1 campaign, we need to see all the remaining recipies and optional ingredients. I bet there are some 'amazing' recipies we haven't seen yet.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/561054-trevor-chans-restaurant-empire/faqs/47456

This gamefaqs guide has a whole lot of recipies+optional ingredients for restaurant empire 1 transcribed.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/958530-restaurant-empire-ii/faqs/57242

Same thing for restaurant empire 2.

edit: apparently you can research recipes in the sequel.
Edit2: added spoiler tags

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 12, 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lacedaemonius posted:

Corleone's Lament is just too good not to do.

Amazingly Restaurant Empire is not the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "RE2".

Naturally we need to combine them.

Resident Evil Restaurant Empire 2.

Serve food to S.T.A.R.S members while in the middle of the raccoon city outbreak. Fight off zombies invading the restaurant with special dishes like the 'cinnamon challenge crepe' or the 'cheap lobster? surprise'.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enchanted Hat posted:

Wow. I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of typing out every single recipe. That must have taken ages.

Would you mind removing or spoiler tagging the link to the RE2 walkthrough? Even digging through the recipes will spoil some fun surprises for that game, so I'd rather we save that for later.
Did as you asked just now.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:stonk: Its just as beautiful as I thought it would be when I found the gamefaqs walkthrough.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I tried several different search variations, and found no 'recipe unlock' cheats for restaurant empire 1, but the gamefaqs walkthrough came up, and by the sheer length it seemed to have a pretty comprehensive list of every recipie.
So I just up and posted it without reading any of it.

I am definitely gonna sit down tonight and read that walkthrough.

For ingame unlocks, you might have to get to modding the interval between customers offering recipies/optional ingredients down really low or something.

Given the sheer amount of recipie text, i bet there is a .txt file or something in the game folder for recipies or other options. You might want to poke around there a bit Enchanted Hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
These 'recipes' need to be crossposted to goons with spoons for their 'enjoyment'.

• Locked thread