Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Seconding AAH for a tacky restauraunt with tacky food.

What the gently caress is that recipe for "mixed casserole of pork"? 125ml of oil seems like a lot of oil for... anything, let alone a stew, while 75ml of stock is ridiculously low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

Dried bean casserole

This recipe looks deceptively good. The rating is kind of low, 45%, but that's acceptable for the start of the game. The gross profit is really good, a whopping $14.12, and the cooking time is three clocks, same as the mixed casserole. Unfortunately, the clocks lie! This actually takes about 16 seconds to cook, which means that you're earning $0.88 per second while also making a low quality dish. This is especially bad because main courses are usually highly profitable and very high quality, so any time someone orders this they will earn you less money, and they'll be dissatisfied with the low quality of the meal.

I think the reason the quality of this dish is so poor is because it's a stewed dish with dried beans but absolutely no wet ingredients to cook or soak the beans with except a third of a tomato, so you just end up with beans like roasted peanuts and also bacon on the side.

That said, Apple Tart actually has the most sensible looking ingredient list out of all the foods we have,,so I'm voting for that to be added to the menu.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I'd like to note for a moment that the crepes recipe we have is literally just plain crepes, since it doesn't look like it has any ingredients that could serve as fillings or even toppings except maybe the rum. That said. Put Crepes Marcie on the menu so our menu is boring as hell in contrast to our ridiculous decor scheme.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Is it possible to edit the textures of food? If so, I'd like to submit the following for Mixed Casserole of Pork:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I just want to repost Armand's utterly amazing memory dance, so that it may be enshrined in the hall of history in capital letters:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

But our innocent little story's about to take a sinister turn, as Armand will be meeting some dangerous new friends in the next mission.

I for one can't wait for the evil megacorporation OmniFood to send mercenaries to the restaurant with the intention of poisoning our food and breaking the kitchen sink.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

This must be for Don Corleone. I remember this was his favorite recipe! I added a dash of cinnamon and vanilla essence to bring out the creaminess of the crêpes.

Armand that is not a dash of cinnamon. Armand you didn't even put in any vanilla essence what are you doing stop

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I used the top row for some advertisements for funeral agencies, I hope you enjoy:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Can we get the recipe card for the 'gourmet' pizza and the other one? I want to see what toppings the game puts on them and whether or not pineapple and chocolate are amongst them.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

YES, since La Cosa Nostra's decor and atmosphere look so much better at night where you can only see under candlelight and thus can't make out the bloodstains on the carpet or the gun barrel pointing at you.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Armand's also paying a buck per liter of water. What the hell kind of water is this?

Wow, I just noticed that. Water doesn't even have a quality rating so it can't be special five star melted snow, it's just plain tap water.

e: there isn't even any yeast or baking powder to make the pizza dough rise, it's just the word's toughest, most awful pizza :negative:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Leraika posted:

BAB and I'll edit more pictures later.

I was thinking EDB to make our restaurant a standard diner but this one is so much more awful and clases so terribly that I'll go with BAB as well.

Enchanted Hat posted:

"The financial sector" called Armand's uncle and told him that they've increased his nephew's credit limit? Do we have any banker goons who can confirm whether this is normal procedure?

If you're being scammed, yes.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

That can't be ravioli made from scratch, can it? 10 tablespoons of flour is about 1% of the amount of flour needed to make 10 ravioli of decent size.

That's not even the worst part of the recipe IMO since ravioli doesn't take one clock to cook and bacon is not an acceptable substitute for pancetta at an actual Italian restaurant either :argh:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, I just noticed something on the Cinnamon buns recipe:

Five hundred and sixty-two grams of sugar? That's more cinnamon than in the Crepes Marcie!

Also a kilogram/two pounds of flour??? Is this a banquet dish or something?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

We're microwaving whole skin-on, bone-in fish. In a steakhouse. Three of them, in fact, but only enough to total 113.5 grams of fish somehow.

Is there a white fish small enough for that? Did the developers ever cook a meal in their lives?

Put it on the menu

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

An all-American classic. Is he crying at our restaurant's menu, or at our decor/theming?

Also, is it just me or does that canoe look kind of like a coffin?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Tyrone. Wow, I am speechless. This more than makes up for the Don being super-a malleo for one line. I hope we see more of him in the future :allears:

chitoryu12 posted:

Second, "fish burgers with spicy sauce" is absolutely a dish I would eat...except that the "spicy sauce" is apparently made with sugar and 1/4 of a red pepper?

It's probably just a red bell pepper/capsicum and not an actual chilli pepper either.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Putting a dolphin at every table feels like we're just rehashing La Cosa Nostra. Let's just scatter them haphazardly all over the restaurant. It's playful! Like dolphins are. Maybe have four in a + configuration, nose-to-nose.

And seconding this proposal. Dolphins everywhere!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

A man flying Southwest Airlines on an important business trip to Idaho stops in the restaurant before dawn and asks for whatever's quickest for breakfast.

He's given a plate with half of an egg over easy, a small pyramid of cinnamon, and five cloves.

The punchline is that the egg was cooked in the microwave for 12 seconds, and only then after did the cook prepare the cinnamon and cloves.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

Can I call you Bernard?

No.

The one person who will not put up with Armand's poo poo or the nicknaming nonsense. :allears:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Don't forget that even Michel and the Don admit that Omnifood has good, cheap food cooked by chefs who have talent and passion. That's more than you can say for Armand, who hires chefs who have blood in their veins and serves the cheapest, shittiest, quality 0.5 stars food to his customers.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I'm 90% sure that Sergio didn't quit because he was stealing recipes for OmniFood or anything but because he realized he wasn't being paid anything and stuck microwaving sardines and pouring cinnamon onto a crepe and just noped outta there.

Speaking of microwave fish, where is it on the Hope and Anchor's menu? :mad:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Of course I forgive you, Delia! But only if you run this new Delia-themed restaurant I just bought in Japan and get 60% customer satisfaction.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

If that's what the restaurant looks like from inside...

What does Funky Elvis look from the outside with all 'tasteful' upgrades applied?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I can't wait for Armand's quality 0.5 fugu sashimi prepared by a chef with 0% skill.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god the recipes have hillarious(ly inaccurate) descriptions as well :allears:

quote:

Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Fresh handmade pizza dough is blessed with vinegar, herb rub, rapeseed oil and a cornucopia of fresh vegetables in season and double mozzarella, toasted until golden-brown.
Balsamic Vinegar 15 mL
Cheese, Cheddar 60 g
Flour 20 tbsp
Mushroom 100 g
Onion 1 ea
Potato 454 g
Red Pepper 1 ea
Water 60 mL

quote:

Crepes Marcie
Seasonal fruits are diced and marinated in rum, maing this the ideal filling for those handmade golden-brown crepes.
Requires - Blender

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Nah. Any way you can replace the table textures with sad clownscluwnes?

HONK HONK HONK !!!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Krotera posted:

- animation looks horrific in motion

How horrific are we talking? Is it janky teleporting characters or Tyrone's talking animation when standing?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Are we even sure Armand went to culinary school? All he says is he graduated with honours, he might have graduated from a college for gardening or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

...that's it? Omnifood completely stops existing after one cooking contest that they lose by a hair? That was the wettest fart of an ending they coud have possibly done :psyduck:

• Locked thread