Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
This LP made me find my copy of this game and play it, and boy, I forgot how silly the story gets sometimes :allears: The dialogue really gets ridiculous sometimes, too.

Also, my Armand has perfectly normal pants for some reason. I'm very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
One of the best things about this game is that it's Omnifood that's supposed to be evil, yet it's Armand that's running around doing business with mafia, getting unprofessionally friendly with a food critic and stealing the best chefs from other restaurants.

Also, I've finished this game 2 days ago and it's magical all the way to the end :allears: I wish it was longer.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

Enchanted Hat posted:

Have you played the Restaurant Empire 2 campaign? RE1 is great and all, but I've played half a dozen episodes of RE2, and the plot suddenly introduces some really dark dramatic elements, and I genuinely have no idea where the story is going. If you have the Steam version with RE2, definitely check it out.

Nope, my copy of this game is an old CD :( Are you going to do a let's play of RE2 once you're done with RE1? Because now I'm intrigued.

Enchanted Hat posted:

For one, we're setting up yet another new restaurant, but more interestingly, we're meeting an important new character - one that I'm sure the game will treat with dignity and respect!
Can't wait. :allears: I think it's not a spoiler to say some of the best (worst) dialogue of this game is in the next few chapters.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

luxury handset posted:

georgia is not known for its barbecue :confused: silly euro devs
That's why it's easy for him to make the most wicked barbecue on this side of Georgia. Because other people are not making any barbecue :eng101: Also, the dev is Chinese.

Armand's such a goon when it comes to women :allears:

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
EBE

The seafood restaurants are the prettiest by far. The mosaic tables :allears:

chitoryu12 posted:

And finally, it looks like all of Tyrone's recipes are incredibly wimpy when it comes to spice content. These developers must be from the middle of Kansas with what they think counts as "so spicy the reviewers just can't handle it".

Don't be too harsh on Secondo, he had his tastebuds ruined by all the cinnamon in his friend's favorite dish.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
It'd be cheesy but kinda cute if he chose a dessert for that stunt.
:buddy: : Delia, I named my famous crepes after you... because you're so sweet.
But no, he went with a loving fish. I don't know what he's trying to say here.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

Nondevor posted:

So did Armand’s uncle never fly off to Los Angeles? He seems to be relaxing just fine in Paris. I guess Delia returned to the grocery store too quickly for Armand to make flight arrangements.
Nope, he totally did work there for a while. If you go to Delia's shop to buy ingredients when she's working at your restaurant, Michel will be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
Poor Delia, Armand hires every random he encounters, but the moment she does the same thing, things immediately go wrong.

Enchanted Hat posted:

A very mysterious and short mission. Next mission, we'll be getting our final restaurant, which is also by far the stupidest restaurant in the game!

I think you meant "by far the raddest restaurant in the game" :colbert: Its only fault is not having enough decor options.

Fun fact: if you offer your customer their favorite dish after they ordered a lunch set or a dinner set, they might agree, but they won't pay for it :v: At least in my version of the game.

• Locked thread