Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BAF

And add the poached salmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesculus posted:

Seconding AAH for a tacky restauraunt with tacky food.

What the gently caress is that recipe for "mixed casserole of pork"? 125ml of oil seems like a lot of oil for... anything, let alone a stew, while 75ml of stock is ridiculously low.

Don't need stock if you have enough oil.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

122 grams of pork is about 4 ounces. It's not a tiny serving size, especially mixed in with casserole ingredients to bulk it up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's good to know that in this game of unbridled capitalism, our customers scam us instead of the other way around!

Is the price you put next to each dish the price we're selling it for or the net profit from it? And is it possible to make low-quality recipes better?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Enchanted Hat posted:

To answer your question:

This thread is gonna be good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*looks up the conversion*

Armand that is a pound of cinammon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It almost sounds like you’re repeating a dream.

“Don Corleone came into my restaurant and said he’d give me money if I made him crepes with a secret recipe and let the restaurant be a mob front. The secret was adding an entire pound of cinnamon.”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flamester posted:

I decided to look up just what 100 teaspoons of cinnamon actually is. I'm surprised the Don isn't dead yet.

I don't think anyone will have looser stool than someone eating 552% of their daily fiber in one crepe plate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FCD

I propose that the posters all be replaced with mobster movie posters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's....beautiful.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As a foodie, I'm going to say to add the:

Prawns with fried snow peas
Cream of red bell pepper soup
Mixed casserole of pork
Guilt free cappuccino sundaes
Gourmet pizza
Roasted vegetable pizza
Chicken vesuvio
Fried Italian ravioli

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Enchanted Hat posted:

No, this is a quiche:

It's one of the new recipes we've gotten for the French restaurant. Inexplicably, this is actually being sold as a dessert. In fact, it's probably the best French dessert in the entire game, and will become crucial for winning dessert cooking competitions in the endgame!

"Seafood quiche" is as far from a dessert as you can probably get with an egg-based dish.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pharohman777 posted:

Babushka is wife, 1 pound of cinnamon on a crepe, seafood quiche is a dessert...

I cannot wait for the next set of blunders.

I bet Fugu is gonna be a recipe that anyone can cook.

Seriously, it’s like dream logic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pharohman777 posted:

Maybe a goon can make close approximations of these 'dishes' for the thread.

A pound of cinnamon with some crepe in it, and looking forward to a delicious seafood quiche dessert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t3XvM79_38

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cugel posted:

Artichoke, crčpes and langoustines; that's a breton dish. I wonder how many peoples have eaten langoustines itt. I love them, so delicious!

I got to have some at Victoria & Albert's last year. They're like mini lobsters!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dinner only

Didn’t Armand come from cooking school? How does he not know the most famous restaurant magazine and critic in the world?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Can we get some pizza rules???

Now you know better than that.

Jack2142 posted:

Someone should do a show like binging with babish, but instead of terrible TV recipes terrible Kitchen Empire recipes.

I would love to, but I'm concerned that the resulting dishes would either be inedible or even completely uncookable.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That can't be ravioli made from scratch, can it? 10 tablespoons of flour is about 1% of the amount of flour needed to make 10 ravioli of decent size.

Also EDF.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

0.06 teaspoons of black pepper is about 1/4 of of a quarter teaspoon.

Imagine thinking a quarter of this is going to flavor an entire entree.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I would love to try these recipes but even if I knew how to improvise the recipes from just ingredients I'd be afraid that they may be uncookable instead of just unpalatable. As in you may have so much of one raw ingredient that it drowns out the rest and you can't actually mix it all without having fistfuls of powdery flour or cinnamon sitting in it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The recommended daily allowance for sugar is 25 to 38 grams per day, with the average American consuming 82 grams per day.

That's 8.5 times the amount of sugar the average American eats per day, and 28.5 times the amount recommended for a small woman. In a single meal!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheHoosier posted:

Not that one. But ill tell ya what she's getting for breakfast...

You just overturn a Tupperware container with a huge pile of cinnamon onto her plate, then delicately place a single crepe on top.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Man, that's a pound and a half of sugar alone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CFF

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesculus posted:

We're microwaving whole skin-on, bone-in fish. In a steakhouse. Three of them, in fact, but only enough to total 113.5 grams of fish somehow.

Is there a white fish small enough for that? Did the developers ever cook a meal in their lives?

Put it on the menu

113.5 grams is four ounces. Basically a single portion that would take maybe 3 bites to eat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CAF

Man, I have a lot of things to comment on here. First, that shrimp dish probably sucks because you've got brown sugar flavoring it.

Second, "fish burgers with spicy sauce" is absolutely a dish I would eat...except that the "spicy sauce" is apparently made with sugar and 1/4 of a red pepper?

And finally, it looks like all of Tyrone's recipes are incredibly wimpy when it comes to spice content. These developers must be from the middle of Kansas with what they think counts as "so spicy the reviewers just can't handle it".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

It's so we can sell it as "... in a white wine reduction.", I don't know what a spoonful of wine would reduce to but that's not my problem.

It's how we justify charging ~$21.00 for about 3 grilled prawns on a plate with no sides.

113.5 grams of prawns is, on average, 2.26 prawns. We've got two grilled prawns and a small piece of another.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

luxury handset posted:

half a shrimp, tenderly wrapped in a slice of ham, grilled and drizzled with four drops of olive oil and a pound of sugar

In all seriousness, there's probably a Spanish tapas restaurant with 3 dollar signs on Yelp serving this in NYC right now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The sugar is caramelized and burnt though, and they call it "basque glaze"

You have to burn the sugar after applying it to the prawns so you get that charred flavor that people still think is a good thing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I've been collecting them, and I'm planning to cook them all in my restaurant

A man flying Southwest Airlines on an important business trip to Idaho stops in the restaurant before dawn and asks for whatever's quickest for breakfast.

He's given a plate with half of an egg over easy, a small pyramid of cinnamon, and five cloves.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MaxieSatan posted:

As an American chef, Renato presumably needs a nickname. "The Cleaver" seems... multipurpose.

Also, I love that the Fish Wellington was made lighter not by making any substitutions for the breading or sauce, but by adding minuscule amounts of three herbs.

It looks like it's lighter because it has barely any calories. 3.5 ounces of fish!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dire Chinchilla posted:

It'd be cheesy but kinda cute if he chose a dessert for that stunt.
:buddy: : Delia, I named my famous crepes after you... because you're so sweet.
But no, he went with a loving fish. I don't know what he's trying to say here.

"I named my crepes after you because, much like a pound of cinnamon, I choke and cough every time you get in my mouth."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesculus posted:

Don't forget that even Michel and the Don admit that Omnifood has good, cheap food cooked by chefs who have talent and passion. That's more than you can say for Armand, who hires chefs who have blood in their veins and serves the cheapest, shittiest, quality 0.5 stars food to his customers.

"Armand, we have to stop OmniFood! They've gone too far!"

"What have they done, uncle? Have they begun using slave labor? Have they done hostile takeovers? Assassinations of rival chefs?"

"Worse! They're using science to create far superior food for a lower price instead of selling customers expired seafood in red wine for way too much money!"

".....those bastards!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DCF, who you would call if someone ever took a family here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Music restaurant in Paris named But I Am Pagliacci

Ah yes, when I think "cold chicken salad" I think "lemons, vanilla yogurt, mayonnaise, and blueberries."

I feel like that recipe will just taste of pure vomit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The_White_Crane posted:

1.3 kilos of potatoes for breakfast!

Me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Only Italian food for Pagliacci

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This restaurant is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined from my drunk, off-the-cuff suggestion.

quote:

And how do I build new restaurants?

There are several plots of land as well as abandoned restaurants for sale. It must be because of the duel between OmniFood and yourself, that many restaurants have folded.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Don't be! This is a capitalist economy, after all! Besides, if you don't buy up those plots of land, I'm sure your favorite foe OmniFood will do so, and then what? It won't be easy fending off a whole slew of OmniFood restaurants!

And how do I build new restaurants?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHrn_pHW2so

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Enchanted Hat posted:

It is very weird. I think at some point they say that OmniFood has something crazy like a 60% market share in the restaurant business, which must be like tens or even hundreds of thousands of restaurants. And we only operate in three cities, we can't possibly be noticeably affecting OmniFood's business.

The only way it makes sense to me is if this is an extension of the general "oooh, I'm so sick of OmniFood trying to destroy our business" sentiment even though they haven't really done anything to us. Armand and Michel are just extremely self-centred and think everything is about them, when really the board of OmniFood don't even know that we exist because they're busy managing a worldwide multi-billion dollar franchise. It'd be like McDonald's having meetings about how to sabotage Doobie's Doghouse.

And it's not like OmniFood is trying to destroy anyone's business with underhanded tactics! They're just scientifically making better food that they can sell for cheaper. The whole world would probably benefit from those advances!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesthetic.

• Locked thread