Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Botswana! posted:

this thread is a no american zone. only english people are allowed to post here and i dont want any yanqui idiots making GBS threads up englands glorious return to form as we win teh world cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Shrapnig posted:

He’s a oval office op.

:hmmyes:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sweden - Switzerland
Ref: Damir Skomina (SVN)
VAR: Daniele Orsato (ITA)

Did Colombia - Japan and England - Belgium. Good ref, bad ARs.

Colombia - England
Ref: Mark Geiger (USA)
VAR: Danny Makkelie (NED)

Did Portugal - Morocco and South Korea - Germany. Most interesting thing around this assignment is the Reserve Assistant Referee originially assigned to this match was from the New Zealand delegation, but he was born in England so FIFA replaced him with someone from Tonga.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

fagner

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Raged posted:

It would be nice to see England win, but it would also be nice to see them lose and watch the hope in their hearts slowly drain away.

Would also be nice to let it age till the quarterfinals.

So it's kind of win-win for me

its win-win-win-win for england

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
England was once the most powerful nation in the world, but now it is a failed 3rd world country hated by all their neighbours. Today they will leave the world cup.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hm this anime doesn't have any match set for the 7/4 or the 7/5. Surely there's some mistake?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

chaoslord posted:

Colombia - England
Ref: Mark Geiger (USA)
VAR: Danny Makkelie (NED)

Did Portugal - Morocco and South Korea - Germany. Most interesting thing around this assignment is the Reserve Assistant Referee originially assigned to this match was from the New Zealand delegation, but he was born in England so FIFA replaced him with someone from Tonga.

shameful attempt by england at colluding, glad FIFA caught them red handed. should dock points imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Albania v Sweden should be good, but I am afraid today is when it stops coming home

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope Mark doesn't forget about 1776 as he ref this important Colombia-England game

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
You know this WC rocks, before it started I would never think i'll root for a Sweden - France final

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Some countries, the best they can come up with is rugby with helmets. England gave us this beautiful game, and it's thanks to them that our nations get to play it. Now it's time to return the favor. Let's all join together to support England as they march towards their goal, the World Cup. It shouldn't be too hard; we already did it decades ago, urging them on in spirit as they marched through the streets of Berlin, vanquishing their enemies towards the ultimate goal: Freedom, for us all.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Some countries, the best they can come up with is rugby with helmets. England gave us this beautiful game, and it's thanks to them that our nations get to play it. Now it's time to return the favor. Let's all join together to support England as they march towards their goal, the World Cup. It shouldn't be too hard; we already did it decades ago, urging them on in spirit as they marched through the streets of Berlin, vanquishing their enemies towards the ultimate goal: Freedom, for us all.

Beautifully put. It's coming home

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Watching Narcos in anticipation of tonight's game.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

colombia

Colombia

COLOMBIA

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Djourou literally starts a literal knockout game at a literal World Cup plz literally kill me

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I had that Valderrama sticker. loving owns.

But will root for Thatcher’s boys tonight, right after we dispatch (sorry, despatch) the insidious Swede.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Zw9sKfjOE

🇨🇴🇨🇴🇨🇴🇨🇴🇨🇴🇨🇴🇨🇴

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
2nd round is best for England coming home from the WC, perfect combo of raised hopes and early knockout humiliation :scotland:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sweden is kind of like the Switzerland of the north if you think about it

1) Sw-
2) cross on flag
3) politically neutral
4) took nazi gold / money
5) populated entirely by sanctimonious autists
6) bad at football

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

Sweden is kind of like the Switzerland of the north if you think about it

1) Sw-
2) cross on flag
3) politically neutral
4) took nazi gold / money
5) populated entirely by sanctimonious autists
6) bad at football

Actually,

https://www.derbund.ch/leben/gesellschaft/vielleicht-habt-ihr-schweizer-kein-problem-damit-wir-schon/story/25373787

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmao they're beyond help

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Smirr posted:

lmao they're beyond help

Can confirm :(

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

beautiful and true op

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I lived in Sweden for a year and now Sweden is my second team
Heja Sverige!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
This is NSFW but is, nonetheless, what's happening.

https://imgur.com/jhNvaqV

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Come on now Sweden!

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-
Andra sidan är ni klara?!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

thank u pal,

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sverige oi oi oi

And it’s coming home

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

död åt sverige :d2a:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Good thing there's no yanks watching as they'd be very confused by the same country playing against itself.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Aphex- posted:

It's coming home

Tried to google what this means since England didn’t win the first World Cup so, if anything, they just borrowed it after a subpar tournament.

However, I did learn that the appropriate response is, “with the greatest respect, that is a very brave proposal, and quite interesting, and I almost agree. I’m sure England will be quite good.”

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

actually wait never mind, i was going to root for sweden winning the whole thing without zlatan, i just remembered. hard to keep these things straight

död åt schweiz :d2a:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Two bad teams

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hoppp Schwiiiiz

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

God I'm going to be so happy once England gets roundly hosed tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

rear end cobra posted:

Two bad teams

Can confirm.

• Locked thread