Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I swear to God if the next episode doesn't have a fuckton of Eugene and/or Hilter I'm gonna start getting pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

precision posted:

I swear to God if the next episode doesn't have a fuckton of Eugene and/or Hilter I'm gonna start getting pissed.

I think it's almost certain to happen but boy they're taking their sweet time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Diabetic posted:

Probably because the source materials are from the 90's, and also Garth Ennis so...

I don't know anything about Garth Ennis and it's 2018, so...

Anyway, I knew that the comic was from the '90s, so the dated-ness made sense to me -- I just didn't like it, that's all.

precision posted:

Same, even as someone who doesn't know what to expect whatsoever.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 24, 2018

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Haha holy poo poo, I'm almost positive that the guy playing Satan in episode 4 is the actor who played Randall Flagg aka Satan in the lovely TV adaptation of The Stand by Stephen King. Even the makeup is similarly done. What a crazy callback.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AwkwardKnob posted:

Haha holy poo poo, I'm almost positive that the guy playing Satan in episode 4 is the actor who played Randall Flagg aka Satan in the lovely TV adaptation of The Stand by Stephen King. Even the makeup is similarly done. What a crazy callback.

It's not.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
drat, I hadn't checked yet, but it could have fooled me.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

They showed that fight scene early at Comic-Con on Sunday. It’s so much better on giant screens with booming sound.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think it's almost certain to happen but boy they're taking their sweet time.

I was right :)

e: I was mostly wrong. They didn't do poo poo with it. Decent enough episode though

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 30, 2018

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
They're being much kinder to Les infant du Sang than the books I tell you hhwat. Man those were some actual powers.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

They're being much kinder to Les infant du Sang than the books I tell you hhwat. Man those were some actual powers.
I don't fully get the change to make a kinder and also more powerful Eccarius, but I'm guessing they'll still have the throwdown either this season or next. I'm kinda excited to see it, honestly - Cassidy's been breaking my heart a lot this season, and he needs a good fuckin genuine win.

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

I´m kind of wondering how Angelville ever fell on such hard times when Jody is apparently invulnerable - except to Tulip.

Also: Eugene is such a nice young man, I bet he and Mrs. Rosen would get along great. :3:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I find it odd Jody's not in the opening credits, but TC is

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I was thinking of doing a re-read of Preacher, since so far I've been really enjoying any and all changes to the original from what I remember reading it a few years back. I tried. But then I remembered, the art is loving atrocious.

This is an album with a selection of the faces from just the first issue: https://imgur.com/gallery/evWcAQM

A nice example

The entire comic is just faces freeze framed at the least useful/appealing moment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Man she is hosed up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that the Saint of Killers was willing to go just so far when it came to the adoption (low on stock, make us an offer!) but once he actually had Eugene enough was enough and he just sent that woman through the wall rather than do the paperwork :allears:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So, TC also played a rapist named Pope from that show Falling Skies, and uh...

Well I never thought I'd see his dingle but poo poo man. Even blurred out, that is WAY too much man gland I thought I'd ever be seeing. AMC is really stepping up their game here from a couple years back. Back when they showed Breaking Bad reruns, they censored the f-bomb out in every way imaginable.

Also, I couldn't hear the dialogue between Starr and his assistant in the elevator. How specifically did he get that gash in his head?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shitenshi posted:

Well I never thought I'd see his dingle but poo poo man. Even blurred out, that is WAY too much man gland I thought I'd ever be seeing. AMC is really stepping up their game here from a couple years back. Back when they showed Breaking Bad reruns, they censored the f-bomb out in every way imaginable.

Also, I couldn't hear the dialogue between Starr and his assistant in the elevator. How specifically did he get that gash in his head?

Tulip shot him.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
God drat that cold open

e: noooo the owl :(

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 3, 2018

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Shitenshi posted:

Holy crap, I knew I recognized him from somewhere, he looks completely different.
And to be fair in Falling Skies, he was a rapist biker with a heart of gold, unless he turned bad again in the second or third season (I forget when I quit the show)

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Colin Cunningham single handedly carried Blood Drive, he was phenomenal as a dude called Slink. The show is a bit scatter shot but he always shines. He's been really good as TC. He's just good.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I was so ready for Cass to murder the hell out of the vampire posers based on comic stuff, but now I'm really worried about what happens to them all :ohdear:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CASS. AAAAAH.

I don't want the heartbreak that's definitely coming I don't want it

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Eccarius back on poo poo list :mad:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Whenever I see screenshots from a season 1 episode I wanna pinch their cheeks like a grandma and tell them how cute they look

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
There's the lying murdering Eccarius, ye wee shite

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Does Eccarius get his power from tainted blood? I thought vampires can't or don't feed off one another.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
this season has actually been a blast compared to the other 2.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jerkface posted:

this season has actually been a blast compared to the other 2.

Yeah it's much improved.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Catholic Fight Club

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Was the thing with the head vampire feeding on the ones he made supposed to be a shocking twist? Because I thought that's what was happening as soon as we saw him turn the first one. Why else would there be no other vampires around?

And, considering the episode title, I was incredibly disappointed at how little Hitler we got. Seeing what he was getting up to was the one thing I was still looking forward to this season and if that's all we get of it then that will have been a massive letdown as well.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

And, considering the episode title, I was incredibly disappointed at how little Hitler we got. Seeing what he was getting up to was the one thing I was still looking forward to this season and if that's all we get of it then that will have been a massive letdown as well.

Preacher Season 3: Not enough Hitler

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Was the thing with the head vampire feeding on the ones he made supposed to be a shocking twist? Because I thought that's what was happening as soon as we saw him turn the first one. Why else would there be no other vampires around?

They explained that the new vampires supposedly go off on missions around the world to spread the vampire gospel, thats why she thought they were going to the airport. Maybe not the biggest shock but they did address that.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
It was more of a twist in the comic iirc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Supreme Allah posted:

They explained that the new vampires supposedly go off on missions around the world to spread the vampire gospel, thats why she thought they were going to the airport. Maybe not the biggest shock but they did address that.

I know that. I'm just saying it was an obvious lie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have been pleasantly surprised at how they've paced this season while still largely maintaining the "one location for multiple episodes" thing. Dividing up the trio and spending some more time with the Grail has really helped too.

I absolutely loved the look on Grandma's face when she realized what TC was (unknowingly) talking about.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
ok, having worked at subway, the way they are riffing this poo poo is wholesome to my soul.

hitler napkin notes, I'm dying

Grognan fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 7, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hitler choosing the name "David"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hell must have really changed Hitler if he actually got a job.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Hitler choosing the name "David"

and Hilter. David Hilter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gonna be pretty hosed up if this is the last season since it finally seemed to have hit its stride.

The head vampire got pretty likable before the twist

Edit. Hot drat that next episode preview

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 8, 2018

• Locked thread