Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

There has been a lack of Arseface and Hitler this season, but T.C. has been a very welcome addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

the_american_dream posted:

Gonna be pretty hosed up if this is the last season since it finally seemed to have hit its stride.

The head vampire got pretty likable before the twist

Edit. Hot drat that next episode preview

Wait is this last season? You'd figure with all the money they're saving by ditching the road trip they'd be able to keep it going for a while.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Also lol at Starr gushing about the restaurant and then asking for receipts. I hope they go now.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait is this last season? You'd figure with all the money they're saving by ditching the road trip they'd be able to keep it going for a while.

No not that I know of. Was just saying.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The whole damned episode was called Hilter and all we got was the teaser?

...I may be done. We'll see next week, I guess.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

atholbrose posted:

Preacher: Hitler Cocktease

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I hope they have a Hitler II and don’t show him at all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

atholbrose posted:

Man if you survived last season settle down. Although there should have been more hitler.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Also lol at Starr gushing about the restaurant and then asking for receipts. I hope they go now.

"I'll call you too! :swoon:"
"....why? :confused:"
"I'll text you! :shobon:"
"I'll talk to you when I get back :sigh:"

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Why do you guys want more Hitler? Hitler was a bad man, you know. Pretty sure he killed a bunch of people, even

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
jody played by norm macdonald, or saint of killers

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hitler doesn’t seem all that interesting. I can do without him and the arseface thread tbh

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Man if you survived last season settle down. Although there should have been more hitler.

The Hell storyline was the only thing that kept me watching last season. It's not so weird that I want to see it continue, right? Both actors are in the credits so there's got to be more eventually.

The show worked well in season one as a limited location show because of the breadth of characters and storylines we were following. That has been lacking for the follow-up seasons so far.

(Okay, I'm kind of into Cassidy's storyline now that they are separated.)

I just want the show the ending of S1 promised.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wonder if this season's going to follow the comic and have The Saint of Killers kill Satan and Sydney, The Angel of Death (and I know he didn't kill the Angel in the comic)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
At this point, I don't see the show going beyond one more season. Maybe two, but I don't reckon they have the numbers on their side for two.

Given the way this show uses the source material, I'm also not sure they have the plot for two seasons. Not if they pace them at a reasonable clip, anyway.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Open Source Idiom posted:

At this point, I don't see the show going beyond one more season. Maybe two, but I don't reckon they have the numbers on their side for two.

Given the way this show uses the source material, I'm also not sure they have the plot for two seasons. Not if they pace them at a reasonable clip, anyway.

If I had to guess for pacing I'd say Jesse gets Genesis back at the end of the season and there's content for one last season after that realistically.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I had hoped Arseface was going to spend this season trying to kill Hitler, after he realized he was still bad.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Can Hitler even die aside from the Saint's heaven guns? I was wondering if he would even age having escaped from hell.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why do you guys want more Hitler? Hitler was a bad man, you know. Pretty sure he killed a bunch of people, even

One can never have enough Hitler. I’m hoping for at least one Hitler musical number. If any show could pull it off it would be Preacher. Bonus points for Herr Starr singing about being misunderstood and longing for the perfect hat.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Watching this show in two-episode blocks at a time really improves my enjoyment of it. I think Herr Starr is my favorite on the show right now, they just really nailed him.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not sure what I liked more, the nun working the heavy bag or Eccarius hypnotizing the bartender.

It's crazy how good this season is.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What happened to Starr’s head? I don’t remember it from last season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Invalid Validation posted:

What happened to Starr’s head? I don’t remember it from last season.

Tulip shot him. It was this season.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hmm must’ve been sleeping or something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Not sure what I liked more, the nun working the heavy bag or Eccarius hypnotizing the bartender.

It's crazy how good this season is.

The priests and nuns reminded me of The Special Clergy from Lucy, Daughter of the Devil

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I feel like there has been far too much Hitler conversation itt and not enough Allfather.

Because man do I enjoy every second Allfather fills my tv screen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Now when you say "fills the screen"....

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I loving love Satan's design, it's so unashamedly extra

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Who is this guy at the rear end end of the episode. New?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, one of Hitler Hilter's pals from an electronics store, looks like.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm guessing grandma got a raw deal since she's still old and chained to a life support machine. The twist is probably going to involve the devil having lied to her all along so he could feast on a shitton of souls when she inevitably croaks.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I like that the Devil rings the doorbell like a total rear end in a top hat.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Milo and POTUS posted:

wasnt it one of the dudes from hitlers lunch break?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shitenshi posted:

I'm guessing grandma got a raw deal since she's still old and chained to a life support machine. The twist is probably going to involve the devil having lied to her all along so he could feast on a shitton of souls when she inevitably croaks.

I thought she was just old because she'd never been able to get enough souls, especially recently because everyone in town knows it's a bad idea to go to her for help.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm happy that this season seems to be steering a bit closer to the comics than the first two. I had a very hard time getting what they were going for with the show, for a long time.

My main gripe still is that I don't like Jesse much as a character and I feel like Tulip got the shaft as far as backstories go.

I'm loving Featherstone, she's adorable even with a bruised nose.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I thought she was just old because she'd never been able to get enough souls, especially recently because everyone in town knows it's a bad idea to go to her for help.

Didn't she feed on the soul of Madame Boyd and her personal collection both? She still seems decrepit even after that. I'd expect her to at least be able to stand on her own feet after that.

Or it could be this show just discounting its own continuity for the sake of being wacky and having the mean old granny be even more evil from having signed a deal with the devil.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

We don't know how old she really is. She and TC were cosplaying from the Civil War. She may be from the Civil War

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
TC and Jody don't appear to have aged much either, but they maybe didn't try too hard to age them down in the flashback.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It still amazes me that TC was Pope on Falling Skies. I didn't even realize that until someone pointed it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

He also plays

This.

Fabulous.

Bastard.

• Locked thread