Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Season 3 hasn't blown me away so far. First three episodes feel a little bit off in their delivery, although occasionally you get some gold. I dug Jody's fight with Jesse where he casually almost drops a pickup truck on his head, then brushes it off as "foolin around"

But I think they need to do a bit better with making the plantation and everyone who lives there FEEL imminently dangerous. That translated well in the comics because Jody was basically a sadist and you were always on edge when someone was in a scene with him.

As things stand now, I'm hoping we don't spin our wheels at the plantation the whole season just for Jesse to get his soul back at the very end. I want to see the Allfather being disgusting, and everything that happens at Masada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

Haha holy poo poo, I'm almost positive that the guy playing Satan in episode 4 is the actor who played Randall Flagg aka Satan in the lovely TV adaptation of The Stand by Stephen King. Even the makeup is similarly done. What a crazy callback.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

drat, I hadn't checked yet, but it could have fooled me.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

Watching this show in two-episode blocks at a time really improves my enjoyment of it. I think Herr Starr is my favorite on the show right now, they just really nailed him.

• Locked thread