Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
:siren: Goon Guild is up! :siren:
In game guild name is Goon Squad. LoU devs have made it so you can only receive an invite when you're standing next to the person whose inviting you, so your best bet is to ask in Discord to meet someone.
I'll try and sort out permissions so goons can invite other goons.

Goon HQ is near Occlo. If your L key doesn't bring up the map, use /map.

Coming from Occlo moongate, if you cross a stone bridge with a river running beneath, you're going in the right direction. If there's a troll on the bridge, run past it unless you fancy testing your skills.

It's a real poo poo shack at the moment but we'll improve it. Guild Access has been given on this building.
I'd suggest placing houses near here if you're going to buy one (which you probably will).

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I like that house. It's somehow charming. Once the main game goes live(if it does), I may very well just be living in a nice little cabin.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If you're going to allow macros, why not build one in the game/server for everyone to use?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Freakazoid_ posted:

If you're going to allow macros, why not build one in the game/server for everyone to use?

They have, use /custom in game. It makes a button with your script on it but you still have to click it.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Angelwolf posted:

:siren: Goon Guild is up! :siren:

Goon HQ is near Occlo. If your M key doesn't bring up the map, use /map.

Not sure if people know about the map you can access out of the game.

http://legendsofultima.online/map

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Man, I totally broke and can't buy this now. But as soon as I can get some extra money I'm in.

Can't wait to Vendor Buy Bank Guards with goons.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Pigbottom posted:

Man, I totally broke and can't buy this now. But as soon as I can get some extra money I'm in.

Can't wait to Vendor Buy Bank Guards with goons.

It's pretty good so far. We've had a few goons running around chopping down trees and killing stuff in Britain sewers. I hope one day Goon Squad will be another goon force to be feared.

PsychicToaster posted:

I like that house. It's somehow charming. Once the main game goes live(if it does), I may very well just be living in a nice little cabin.

We've added a rug and a wardrobe!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

IG name: AlexanderDeLarge

Also if someone else isn't going to post a referral link, I'll do it shamelessly. Help me get a cool in game hat/decorations in the official servers. I think referrals get something cool too.
http://www.legendsofaria.com/purchase/?referral=ff-3a72

I just noticed this. I've put your referral link in the OP in case anyone is planning on buying the Champion or Lord packs (they're the ones that will get you loyalty points).

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
The orc camp next door saw our sweet digs and decided to move in

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

I just noticed this. I've put your referral link in the OP in case anyone is planning on buying the Champion or Lord packs (they're the ones that will get you loyalty points).

Awesome thanks. I don't know how much it affects Legends of Ultima but on Aria they're adding some decorations you can use on your property. They're pretty good about rewarding the early founders too. Every month you have the game, you get loyalty. Every month you actually play, you get more. There's been a little bit of controversy though because the new Champion/Lord packs give some early adopters more loyalty than the Kickstarters from 3 years ago.

zwdzk posted:

The orc camp next door saw our sweet digs and decided to move in

Oh jeez that's something they need to fix. I'll send that over to the team. Spawns shouldn't be anywhere near player real estate.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2018

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
im probably gonna get in on this bc one my life's biggest regrets is missing out on the chance to experience the golden years of UO

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Taking the plunge and giving this a try.
IG name: CesiumRPh

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Guild HQ has been upgraded thanks to our lord and savior, Jesus Christ - the young, novice carpenter

Click for big

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
in as Tootboots. played for a few hours before work, didn't get PKed even once. poo poo game

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
In as Roberto. Can't help but feel this is what Shroud of the Avatar should have been.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Posting this here as well for those who want to grab a free trial of the game: https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/12/legends-of-aria-giveaway/#keys

Says there are 466 remaining.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Does L open the map for anyone else?

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Turd Herder posted:

Does L open the map for anyone else?

Yeah, me too. I rebound it to M.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
can someone post some videos of all the pvp and cool stuff happening in this game?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
How's Goontown looking? Not been able to play for a few days, should be back online Sunday

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

This game is amazing, and definitely feels like an early version of UO.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Much fun was had by all when the server vets decided to host a noob night. After meeting at Goontown, we took down several "Champ" bosses and got rich in the process.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

zwdzk posted:

Much fun was had by all when the server vets decided to host a noob night. After meeting at Goontown, we took down several "Champ" bosses and got rich in the process.

Jesus. Looks like a good time.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
That's so cool! Wish I could have played this weekend, looks like you guys had some fun

e:

Ok, which one of you guys made 420 bowls? :v:

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 15, 2018

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

zwdzk posted:

not pictured: me going OOOOOoOoOoo a billion times because i kept dying

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Fun Titan run last night. They never knew what hit em'. Good job, goons

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Well, looks like the leadership for this one is about what you would expect from a free shard. I got banned for asking why one of the EQMS guys got banned (apparently for inviting other people to his Discord? still trying to understand that one). Good news is, the base game looks like a lot of fun too!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

insomne posted:

Well, looks like the leadership for this one is about what you would expect from a free shard. I got banned for asking why one of the EQMS guys got banned (apparently for inviting other people to his Discord? still trying to understand that one). Good news is, the base game looks like a lot of fun too!

i didn't realize this was a complete amateur shitshow

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

insomne posted:

Are you sure you're not missing anything out here? I've seen people do way, way worse and they weren't banned

Also which gm was it?

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 17, 2018

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
is there any trial key or anything I can try for this game? it sounds fun but I dont want to be behind, especially if they arent resetting servers.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Be aware that they're nerfing skill gains pretty badly. Crafting gains are now extremely slow, so if you want to be a crafter you should probably wait until you have enough gold on your primary to bankroll a very long grind.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Dante posted:

Be aware that they're nerfing skill gains pretty badly. Crafting gains are now extremely slow, so if you want to be a crafter you should probably wait until you have enough gold on your primary to bankroll a very long grind.

Source on this? Some crafting pays for itself - eg, making practice items can be sold for 10g a pop, making enough money to buy more hatches or pick axes. But not super enjoyable, that's for sure.

succ posted:

is there any trial key or anything I can try for this game? it sounds fun but I dont want to be behind, especially if they arent resetting servers.

The game is in closed beta, so no trial keys unless they run a special promotion. Which they did a few days ago and it looks like you missed it :(

In terms of being behind, a trial wouldn't help you anyway. Buy the game and play now before it hits steam, you'll still be ahead of many others.

Given its summer, LoU is quiter than the cooler months anyway. Goons are grouping to skill up, so it's not a bad time to start :getin:

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 17, 2018

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Angelwolf posted:

Source on this? Some crafting pays for itself - eg, making practice items can be sold for 10g a pop, making enough money to buy more hatches or pick axes. But not super enjoyable, that's for sure.
It's on up patch notes and discord that they've nerfed crafting gains. I'm sure you could self-finance some crafting chars, but you'll probably have a better time gold farming on a combat char to feed your crafter grind.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Dante posted:

It's on up patch notes and discord that they've nerfed crafting gains. I'm sure you could self-finance some crafting chars, but you'll probably have a better time gold farming on a combat char to feed your crafter grind.

I'll need to read up on that and get a good feel. I'm hoping I can get my skills up prior to the patch! (or am I already too late? :ohdear:)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

succ posted:

Yah I’m looking for a good goon game community to join and annoy eventually to get kicked out of and this looks cool, but $30 for what amounts to an early access mmo is a little steep. Maybe when it inevitably goes f2p with pay to win microtransactions in 6 months.

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones

Angelwolf posted:

Are you sure you're not missing anything out here? I've seen people do way, way worse and they weren't banned

Also which gm was it?

Andi the server owner, let's just its not worth playing if you want to PVP.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I'm guessing the server does not play well with version 0.7.1? I tried a couple of times and get error messages regarding the client. Is it worth trying to find an older version, waiting for them to match it up, or am I somehow retarded and missing something?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

drunken officeparty posted:

Yah I’m looking for a good goon game community to join and annoy eventually to get kicked out of and this looks cool, but $30 for what amounts to an early access mmo is a little steep. Maybe when it inevitably goes f2p with pay to win microtransactions in 6 months.

You don't pay a subscription, you just buy the base game. Can't imagine it really going 'f2p' any more than it already is.

Bob Loblaw posted:

I'm guessing the server does not play well with version 0.7.1? I tried a couple of times and get error messages regarding the client. Is it worth trying to find an older version, waiting for them to match it up, or am I somehow retarded and missing something?

Citadel Studios have not yet patched Community Shards to use the new client. The current one is downloadable here

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Navraz posted:

Andi the server owner, let's just its not worth playing if you want to PVP.

I've spoken with Andi. He said he only banned you from Discord due to some big toxic chat(?) but you're not banned from the server.

Andi: Ah okay, then he was part of the group we kicked out of discord. There were no other server bans besides Vulgaar though

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Angelwolf posted:

I've spoken with Andi. He said he only banned you from Discord due to some big toxic chat(?) but you're not banned from the server.

Andi: Ah okay, then he was part of the group we kicked out of discord. There were no other server bans besides Vulgaar though

Ehhh -- having been banned from free shards for dominating too hard this guy leaves a bad taste in my mouth from the little ive seen from him... I'll probably stick ganking and collecting tears on Albion until something else comes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Andi is fine, but he doesn't like toxicity. I've spoken with him, he was nervous about Goon Squad joining up (he used to play Eve, so he knows about goon shenanigans) but we have agreed that if we step out of line, he'll contact me first via Discord. He has this agreement with two other large guilds on the server, too - DoW and FL. As long as we don't spam up their discord with toxic poo poo, we'll be fine.

He also doesn't care if we are a red murderball guild and accepts our play-style, but this Vulgar guy from another guild really rubbed him up the wrong way. It's a long story, and I can see it from both sides. I think someone starting a Discord alt called 'Hitler Andi' was just the final straw for him and that's when they banned a bunch of people from the LoU Discord (and only one from the actual server).