Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A few of us are back in.

I can't recommend starting fresh right now. The game designers are obsessed with inflation and are combatting it (mind-bogglingly) by making the initial grind harder. At some point some self-hating goons will be sufficiently established to help new players over the hump but we're not there yet.

If you already have characters it's worth moving them over and maybe setting some fire and forget macros for inexpensive but time consuming skills (hiding and stealth particularly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Spoke too soon, lag is monster right now, taking 3-5 seconds to register a keystroke

Getting this weird "when i walk by a npc or pc my character decides to walk reaaaal slow" anyone know what this is?

gonna shelve this till tommorrow hopefully they'll get the lag sorted..

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

FreeWifi!! posted:

Lost my 2 million gold cause i thought (i read it?) that if you leave your gold in the bank box itll be there on the other side. It wasnt.
New map look's nice. Less lag it seem's. Also Less players.
Skills were pushed down to 70, :effort: on getting them back up.
Did i mention i lost my 2 million gold?

If a goon guild gets back together i might be persuaded to get my Grandmaster title back.

8/10 for the map. Hopefully the players will return. Or bot's or something ...

Your gold gets transferred into tokens to use for housing......which isn't released yet. 2m will get you about 600 tokens, no idea what that will get you as they won't release any details on it. Must keep their secrets.

The new map is basically 1 step forward then 4 sideways and sort of backwards. The world is dull and lifeless despite 2 years of work, lots of bizarre design decision, like Chef says, it's really not worth playing. Our discord on the first post is still active though so feel free to come listen to us bitch about it.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Skyfire posted:

Your gold gets transferred into tokens to use for housing......which isn't released yet. 2m will get you about 600 tokens, no idea what that will get you as they won't release any details on it. Must keep their secrets.

The new map is basically 1 step forward then 4 sideways and sort of backwards. The world is dull and lifeless despite 2 years of work, lots of bizarre design decision, like Chef says, it's really not worth playing. Our discord on the first post is still active though so feel free to come listen to us bitch about it.

I might join you guys.

Nothings going to bring back the days of old with Soy making his newbie teleportation trap, and pissing off the admins.

Or when runebooks came out, and the guy selling them was charging 20k a book. So Soy sets up shop right *next* to the guy and sells his runebooks for 200g. Just to piss the guy off. :salt: :lol:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Tough time skilling up wouldn't make me too upset if everyone had to start over square one.

Shame the new map hasn't really worked out.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Soy got SA banned for the most undeserving "reason". Like Karen being tossed into a jail cell.

F

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Totally agree it's not worth starting "fresh" new characters yet as the grind is completely insane. The General chat on their Discord is just as trash as it was before (endless memes and thigh slapping at all the devs jokes). I joined after the Goon guild was pretty much dead on the old-old map, but thought I'd sort of resurrect this thread in case it was gonna get started again.

They've done most of the dungeons of old (Shame, Covetous, Wrong, Ice etc.) and the locations are as they used to be. The cities currently in play are Brit, Yew, Minoc, Buccs Den and Cove (so no Moonglow, Magincia, Trinsic, etc.). I also hear they're thinking of introducing factions (Minax, True Brit, Shadowlords, CoM), but given the map is like 2 years late I expect it will never happen.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Lol gathering cotton for bandages has been reduced to one cotton per animation. Please plan spending several hours vulnerable in a field to get what you used to be able to get in thirty minutes.

access to healthcare.txt

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Lol gathering cotton for bandages has been reduced to one cotton per animation. Please plan spending several hours vulnerable in a field to get what you used to be able to get in thirty minutes.

access to healthcare.txt

Does gardening or whatever that secondary skill still factor in? I was getting like 30 per plant or something after I gm'd it. Cotton tycoon incoming

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Mondian posted:

Does gardening or whatever that secondary skill still factor in? I was getting like 30 per plant or something after I gm'd it. Cotton tycoon incoming

No they patched it to 1 regardless of subs skills. The answer to this problem that no one saw as a problem. Still can't sheer sheep.

Gardening won't be back until well after housing. Gardening is also suppose to "fix" the reagent shortage right now that they artificially created.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The problem: inflation, too much gold in the economy
The evidence: some guy posting in discord that he cleared 200k in a few hours barding in Despise.
The solution: gimp newbie dexxers

A dexxer has always been the cheap low risk/reward initial character to build wealth to train advanced characters because all it took was a sharp stick and some cheap bandages. Now bandages are expensive and they've added a stamina drain mechanic that you can either manage or expect to have to pause for a few minutes every third or fourth mob.

Thus the vision now is to make dexxers unplayable without separate expenditures of time (gathering bandages and stamina food) or buying it, which will cut heavily into the money you'll make from mobs. Oh and now you're a walking loot pinata yourself so maybe budget in some pouches and potions for when you inevitably get jumped.

poo poo sucks.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Is Citadel still selling server copies or how ever the hell that works?

Like if i wanted to start up a Loa server for me and a few pals...

This kinda blow's but, when my main died i have nothing, just underwear and a blessed bear. I dont even know the town they stuck me in, its like the very top to the rigth-ish somewhere on this world map, where it looks like a 2 yr old drew in ms paint.

I cant even seem to get to Britainia at all?

edit: found a way...
edit: Im in yew! no one want's to give me money and the newbie chest is off limits to me cause my character is too old.
Are the moongates in?

edit: found the moongates.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 10, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Is Citadel still selling server copies or how ever the hell that works?

Like if i wanted to start up a Loa server for me and a few pals...

This kinda blow's but, when my main died i have nothing, just underwear and a blessed bear. I dont even know the town they stuck me in, its like the very top to the rigth-ish somewhere on this world map, where it looks like a 2 yr old drew in ms paint.

I cant even seem to get to Britainia at all?

edit: found a way...
edit: Im in yew! no one want's to give me money and the newbie chest is off limits to me cause my character is too old.
Are the moongates in?

edit: found the moongates.

Join in on Discord. Between the lot of us we can get you up to speed with a set of starter items.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

I guess worth posting another nuance regarding Dexers that people returning might have missed; they've essentially added a "tank" mechanic (like WoW) that allows you to take the aggro and heavy hits from big bad mobs while your friends lay down the serious firepower! You can read more about it here: https://wiki.legendsofultima.online/en/skills/parrying
Theory:
- You need 60+ Parry Skill, an armour penalty of 60%+, a shield equipped
- You now have several "moves" available to you (open skill book and go to Parrying, they're there)
- Taunt (grab strong aggro of single target), Call to Arms (grab AoE aggro), Unwavering stance (be on foot and have an increased armour rating bonus and heal amount bonus at the cost of dex reduction and movement speed reduction)
- Get yourself out there and pimp slap Balron's while your mates take them from behind! It's raining Vanqs!

Reality:
- You will dismount, lose all of your stamina extremely quickly and become a sitting duck for all manner monsters, trolls and PK's
- You will fail your taunt "move" and the mob will attack your mates who will begin frantically running around in a mad panic, drawing in just about every single other mob in the dungeon before running back to you for a cross-heal sesh
- Did I mention you will be out of stamina?
- You will die and all of your fancy armour and weapons will be a pretty prize for the lunatic running about with blade spirit scrolls, solo'ing the mob you just tried to kill with a whole group of you

In all seriousness, they've made a decent effort in trying to make dexers a viable "alternative" to just a bunch of tamers and bards, but in reality the insane obsession with having everybody be permanently out of stamina in this game just makes it near impossible. You have a limited number of pots that you can chug in any given time period, making refresh pots less viable. There is a food now which provides stamina refresh but I don't know how effective it is and given everything is pretty ineffective at the moment, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time trying to find out.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Tulips posted:

I guess worth posting another nuance regarding Dexers that people returning might have missed; they've essentially added a "tank" mechanic (like WoW) that allows you to take the aggro and heavy hits from big bad mobs while your friends lay down the serious firepower! You can read more about it here: https://wiki.legendsofultima.online/en/skills/parrying
Theory:
- You need 60+ Parry Skill, an armour penalty of 60%+, a shield equipped
- You now have several "moves" available to you (open skill book and go to Parrying, they're there)
- Taunt (grab strong aggro of single target), Call to Arms (grab AoE aggro), Unwavering stance (be on foot and have an increased armour rating bonus and heal amount bonus at the cost of dex reduction and movement speed reduction)
- Get yourself out there and pimp slap Balron's while your mates take them from behind! It's raining Vanqs!

Reality:
- You will dismount, lose all of your stamina extremely quickly and become a sitting duck for all manner monsters, trolls and PK's
- You will fail your taunt "move" and the mob will attack your mates who will begin frantically running around in a mad panic, drawing in just about every single other mob in the dungeon before running back to you for a cross-heal sesh
- Did I mention you will be out of stamina?
- You will die and all of your fancy armour and weapons will be a pretty prize for the lunatic running about with blade spirit scrolls, solo'ing the mob you just tried to kill with a whole group of you

In all seriousness, they've made a decent effort in trying to make dexers a viable "alternative" to just a bunch of tamers and bards, but in reality the insane obsession with having everybody be permanently out of stamina in this game just makes it near impossible. You have a limited number of pots that you can chug in any given time period, making refresh pots less viable. There is a food now which provides stamina refresh but I don't know how effective it is and given everything is pretty ineffective at the moment, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time trying to find out.

Ive said it before and ill say it again the stamina in LoU is terrible.
Start fight
lose stamina
keep fighting
lose more stamina
run from monster
lose ALL stamina

Ride horse
slowly lose stamina
keep riding horse
lose all stamina

Log out of game
Uninstall LoU

I know Stimwalts got a long road with LoU, but the stamina thing was a problem the first day they introduced it (i think andy was still around).
Please penalize me more for wanting to play your laggy, half finished everything map.
The stamina thing sucked back then and it sucks now.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 14, 2021

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I didn't use my dexer much, but the top end stamina food looks like it regens 1/s. Is that good because it sounds not great?

Grinding my cook back to gm was a low priority given the pain in the rear end of sourcing the mats without gardening, harvest bonuses, or even free lj apples anymore, but I can prep the mid tier fish if someone's got a fisher.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Mondian posted:

I didn't use my dexer much, but the top end stamina food looks like it regens 1/s. Is that good because it sounds not great?

Grinding my cook back to gm was a low priority given the pain in the rear end of sourcing the mats without gardening, harvest bonuses, or even free lj apples anymore, but I can prep the mid tier fish if someone's got a fisher.

M4m
I have a fisherman that I can drag out when I finish the stealth grind in a few days.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Since starting again I've trained an archer dexer, a swords dexer, a mage and a thief (ofc, not all to GM). And by a country mile the thief is the most profitable. Just because of the sheer grindfest that this game is right now, almost everyone is just afk macro'ing. Usually Magery. And regs are expensive.

I also, somehow, stole a Vanquishing Katana off someone in Cove. God knows how they got that this early in the "re-launch".

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Tulips posted:

Since starting again I've trained an archer dexer, a swords dexer, a mage and a thief (ofc, not all to GM). And by a country mile the thief is the most profitable. Just because of the sheer grindfest that this game is right now, almost everyone is just afk macro'ing. Usually Magery. And regs are expensive.

I also, somehow, stole a Vanquishing Katana off someone in Cove. God knows how they got that this early in the "re-launch".

Im kinda sure it was a bug?

2 days ago i was farming cotton and the same piece in the same place kept respawning for about 20 mins.

Harvest. Respawn. Harvest.

I just sat there and kept farming it.

Pretty sure that wasn't really expose to happen either.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

drat they took booze out too? Really bugging me that they made so many crafting skills a pain in the rear end. Many require you to buy base components from npcs; like you can't craft blank scrolls, no sand/ bottles, can't harvest food of any kind. Hell even lj sucks since they made the forests so sparse. Used to have clumps of 4-7 trees pretty common, now its rare to see two growing together. Instead its a single tree a screen away from the next. Mountainside mining is just about the only improvement. This poo poo intentional or because they launched brit barebones?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The premise, I imagine is a creating a robust player driven economy by making individual skills such a pain in the rear end to raise that people won't make their own individual *everything.* I have no idea who they think their player base is.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

FreeWifi!! posted:

2 days ago i was farming cotton and the same piece in the same place kept respawning for about 20 mins.

Ha! I caught the same bug a week ago and am now sitting on a petit bandage empire.

Booze and secondary skills are planned to return.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 14, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Ha! I caught the same bug a week ago and am now sitting on a petit bandage empire.

Booze and secondary skills are planned to return.

There is one title i miss the most in LoU that i had.

Village Drunk.

I would actually pay to get that title again.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 16, 2021

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

The premise, I imagine is a creating a robust player driven economy by making individual skills such a pain in the rear end to raise that people won't make their own individual *everything.* I have no idea who they think their player base is.

This, no one that actually played UO has a desire to grind out skills in UO. UO was all about macroing your char up and then going on adventures. Turning this into a grindfest is a bizarre version of UO.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
If you wanna return to this server and keep most of your character progress do so before August 1st. If you don't they'll delete your characters.
They really should let this go longer than a single month.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Dante posted:

This, no one that actually played UO has a desire to grind out skills in UO. UO was all about macroing your char up and then going on adventures. Turning this into a grindfest is a bizarre version of UO.

I was an idiot and didn't do this. I macrod nothing. Ahhh, UO

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Housing Launch Incoming! We're looking at places for the GoonMall.

quote:

It's time! Housing will be launched at 10am US Eastern Time/2pm UTC on Saturday 24th July. Some notes for you all:

* To build a house, you'll need to visit an architect and purchase a house placement tool. These will be available at the mentioned time and not before
* Both gold and legacy tokens can be used to contribute towards the cost of a house
* Pricing for houses can be seen once you purchase a house placement tool
* We will work towards having previews of each house available on the wiki in the next few days
* Valid areas for house placement are generally flat, green grass. Use your minimap to check these more accurately
* Please note that housing will NOT be available in Britain and Minoc/Cove to begin with. This is to ensure we can maintain an acceptable level of ...

-----------------------------------------------

Click here to read the full article: https://legendsofultima.online/news/housing

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Housing Launch Incoming! We're looking at places for the GoonMall.

Not being a smartass or anything, but is the map big enough?
How do i get my legacy tokens?

Edit: Nm, im boned. :(

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 17, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Not being a smartass or anything, but is the map big enough?
How do i get my legacy tokens?

Edit: Nm, im boned. :(

Available land on Housing Drop day.
Once you transfer your character from Celador to Britainia you can say "I must consider my Legacy" to check your token count. I have a whopping 22! Some people have 600! It capped at 1000 but we have no idea what they convert to house wise.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

~480 for me from about 9m gold transferred. No enchant mats because I left a shitload of that stuff along with a fortune of other things behind with my idoc. Hope someone was around to loot it at least

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Available land on Housing Drop day.
Once you transfer your character from Celador to Britainia you can say "I must consider my Legacy" to check your token count. I have a whopping 22! Some people have 600! It capped at 1000 but we have no idea what they convert to house wise.

Thanks for the info.

I got 288 legacy coins.

meh.

Edit: Anyone figure out a way to fight an orc and NOT run out of stamina?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 18, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Edit: Anyone figure out a way to fight an orc and NOT run out of stamina?

Stamina potions and tiered cooked food from players.
Stamina gain from food isn't amazing but it certainly helps. I like cooked fish. Pots can't be used frequently but can keep you from getting rooted in place. Welcome to one of the most disliked changes that staff will NOT listen to complaints on because... *checks notes* Dexers make money too quickly. Ignoring mages and tamers and bards.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Oh well.

It seems the architect in Brit is out of house placement tools.

And yes, as a dexer i currently make 45k an hour killing pigs and boars.

When my stamina doesn't run out...

Which it does...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 18, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Housing isn't for a week or so.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Who is "refining"?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Housing isn't for a week or so.

I misread the news area on the LoU website, thanks again.

Looks like if i wanna play my dexer, im going to need to buy pots and food or make a crafting character to handle that area.

Also, anyone else's ambient sounds dont work? Like birds, Npc noises etc?

All i hear is my bear mount footsteps, and even that is really low.

So, mining doesn't take any stamina at all, but fighting does.

That makes no sense?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 18, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ambient noise is hosed right now due to client.
Stamina thing. Yeah. It dumb.

House sample posted in Discord. I want that small smithy.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 18, 2021

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
My mage ran out of stamina from running with 2 thirds carry weight used. Nice

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Cloner of the Elks posted:

My mage ran out of stamina from running with 2 thirds carry weight used. Nice

Just wait till your on your horse randomly riding and your out of stamina.

This server is starting out on the wrong foot...

If alot of the answers to the questions i ask are on the LoU discord, i dont go there.

It sucks and the people there make me nauseous. Going on the LoU Discord server is like a prison sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ask in the Goon LOU discord?