Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Weltlich posted:

That said, this is a lot better than the original UO in many ways, graphically, performance wise, etc.

Uh, my observations after one day are that yes, it looks better than UO did 20 years ago, but performance is roughly on par. I've got a great ping but I'm constantly rubberbanding and getting stuck on seemingly every random object I foolishly get within 10 feet of as I run past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Dante posted:

you can easily macro a dexxer to 7xGM overnight in less than a week.

I mean... are we playing on the same server because it seems to either crash or get reset to implement changes every night

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

no unattended resource gathering

skill macroing is fine

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So which of those house types are big enough to be eq proof

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Weltlich posted:

Taming is one of those skills where it's all-or-nothing

This is true and also the taming grind here is among the very worst on shards I've seen, but at least you can be useful a bit earlier. I feel like usually tamers are pretty useless until they're done with their grind, but you can go out adventuring with pets you can tame as early as ~50 here and actually earn the cash for your magery grind or whatever.

Speaking of taming though, is it actually possible to make a eq proof house to train pets in here or are walls/fences too janky to expect secure enough housing for that still. Seems like there's been no end of weird bullshit in goonville

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

They've said if they're forced to wipe they'll at least offer tokens or whatever to reskill afterwards

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Lumberjacking got double hosed. Mining pulls up x6 more mats per swing and just straight up pays you with gems. LJ is a flat 1 log per swing and trees went from basically guaranteeing about 15 logs each to giving more like ~10, with some rares only having 7-9 and also cluttering your bag with absolutely useless trash like kindling and apples.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Rare wood is used in carpentry for flutes, yeah, a thing where wood rarity makes a huge impact on durability. Same goes for making fishing poles or bows and there's been a colossal drop in their availability. I used to go out choppin with a pack horse and throw something on netflix. An hour later I'd be full up and come back with ~100 of each rare log and about a thousand regular boards. Now that same grind takes two hours and the rare count is closer to 40 logs each.

P big loving nerf for anyone making consumable wooden items

e: So here's the problem, the forest is full of this

So you run up and chop 7 times and get like 4 wood logs, some kindling, and a couple of apples and then waste more time running to the next tree. This is of course a hyperbolic worst case scenario, but the vast majority of trees are in the 7-11 range and before the patch you were guaranteed 12-15 logs for each tree you ran up to.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 25, 2018

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I set my hatchet prices as a "what do I do with this leveling spam" that I needed to make to get to bottles

Yeah that's what I did with flutes too, but that one rear end in a top hat raised such a stink about it I just decided, ok sure gently caress you I am mass producing the poo poo out of them now out of spite

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah they changed all that. Pack horses are 2000, beetles 1500, your own max carry is 384, bag weights are 400 and lockdowns and bank is 20,000

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Population was high enough to guarantee a server crash whenever they tried to run an event

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Any of that convoluted disease bullshit make it in?

e: or that enchanting system that was supposed to replace champ arties?

Mondian fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 3, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I logged in when they did the housing change and I saw my "moving crate" with like 5000 items crammed into it and just noped out. Hope someone picked through it when it decayed

Guess I'll check the new stuff out when I get back next week, maybe make some magic flutes

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wow those enchanting buffs are crazy strong but the prereqs are idiotic

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The cave was good for gargoyle picks, gorgan came from some mini champ, Savage? Don't understand how we supposedly abused it though?

e: soy will you be my trashy neighbor again

Mondian fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 8, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yup, rip a couple ethys and a bunch of irrelevant trash

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Any idea why I can't get ahk to work on the standalone client but its fine on steam client?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

There are only a handful of craftables in demand because nearly all professions are pending revamps after the new map. New recipes and systems have been teased on recent streams, so if that's your thing you should start sooner rather than later after they've reworked things and invariably made them harder to raise.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

They've said repeatedly that sosarian housing is meant to be a gold sink and there's still people running around with tens or hundreds of millions of gold from back when that demon champ in corruption spawned a bugged wave where they literally added an extra zero to the gold drops and didn't manage to fix it for several months.

However much gold you have won't be close to enough for a castle I'd bet

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'd rather have a tower or keep, but with the whole z-axis limitation all those big houses are pointless anyway.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The funniest part of Goons breaking the community is that we by and large sucked at PVP and exploiting. What we were good at was poopsock resource extraction and ruthless economic warfare. We drew the ire of the elder discord statesman because Goonmall was cutting into their alt's money printer.

I loved that we did our business out of a ramshackle crackhouse with some haphazardly scattered vendors and then Andy came by to break their whole 'gms won't help you place houses' poo poo by forcing his guilds opulent mall loving right on top of brit mg.

Anyway yeah it was always doomed, because

FormerFatty posted:

anything run by private people and not a company will always be corrupt

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Lol gathering cotton for bandages has been reduced to one cotton per animation. Please plan spending several hours vulnerable in a field to get what you used to be able to get in thirty minutes.

access to healthcare.txt

Does gardening or whatever that secondary skill still factor in? I was getting like 30 per plant or something after I gm'd it. Cotton tycoon incoming

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I didn't use my dexer much, but the top end stamina food looks like it regens 1/s. Is that good because it sounds not great?

Grinding my cook back to gm was a low priority given the pain in the rear end of sourcing the mats without gardening, harvest bonuses, or even free lj apples anymore, but I can prep the mid tier fish if someone's got a fisher.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

drat they took booze out too? Really bugging me that they made so many crafting skills a pain in the rear end. Many require you to buy base components from npcs; like you can't craft blank scrolls, no sand/ bottles, can't harvest food of any kind. Hell even lj sucks since they made the forests so sparse. Used to have clumps of 4-7 trees pretty common, now its rare to see two growing together. Instead its a single tree a screen away from the next. Mountainside mining is just about the only improvement. This poo poo intentional or because they launched brit barebones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

~480 for me from about 9m gold transferred. No enchant mats because I left a shitload of that stuff along with a fortune of other things behind with my idoc. Hope someone was around to loot it at least