Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Node posted:

Can I steal from people at the bank with this?

As far as I understand, stealing isn't in yet, but will be. They just finished lockpicking apparently.

Might pick this up tonight, looks cool and I love UO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
In as Roberto. Can't help but feel this is what Shroud of the Avatar should have been.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Turd Herder posted:

Does L open the map for anyone else?

Yeah, me too. I rebound it to M.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Well, looks like the leadership for this one is about what you would expect from a free shard. I got banned for asking why one of the EQMS guys got banned (apparently for inviting other people to his Discord? still trying to understand that one). Good news is, the base game looks like a lot of fun too!

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Angelwolf posted:

Are you sure you're not missing anything out here? I've seen people do way, way worse and they weren't banned

Also which gm was it?

Here's the reasoning he gave me. All I was doing was asking very politely in the Discord how inviting players he liked to the EQMS Discord construed as "poaching" and the dude booted me for it. There were several goons (some who got kicked as well like Hot Buttered Cooter) who were there to witness it. The whole situation is just absurd, also, talk about sociopathic!

quote:

Andi - Today at 6:55 PM
I just banned VulgaarEQMS from this discord server for inviting all new players to his "free speech discord". No problem with people having their own discord for whatever reason (and if you've been here for a bit, you'll know where his comes from), but inviting all new people there falls under our poaching rule.

Vulgaar, for context, is a big community member and not even two days ago held a noob-night for all of us so we could get some money (the screenshots posted a page ago where we were all at the champ spawns were organized and led by him). I've seen him be nothing but an awesome guy and a helpful resource.

Even the Citadel guys are aware of the bad ownership:

insomne fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 17, 2018

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

iminers posted:

Poaching rule?

The gently caress is that all about?

Yeah, I have no clue either. That's why I was probing them about it in their Discord (very politely, I might add, since I could sense these guys have a bit of an ego problem). I was genuinely trying to understand how inviting people to a private Discord is "poaching." I think somebody might have the chat logs around here, but I was booted (and didn't really expect to get booted) so I don't have them.

insomne fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
I have about 100k to toss into the new guild house pot. I assume it's gonna be built around the same location? There's a big rear end lot kinda near the river next to me that looks good.