Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
So with the whole Steam Release + Discount coming in today, is anyone else thinking about getting on this server? The main servers seem kind of bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Was there a roll back? I made a lumberjack yesterday on LoU and.. it's gone.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Angelwolf posted:

If you made it 2 minutes before server reset then maybe. LoU is FUN like that! :v:

I played for about a solid hour and got LJ to 72 last night. Just now catching back up. Planning on Fletching eventually.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
If anyone is on the fence, with the current skill gain boost you can catch up fairly quickly. Full combat skills to GM within a day. Gathering skills in a few hours and we're seeing pretty high gains on crafting skills.
Now is good time to join!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Last two days of enhanced skill gains. People are noticing we're more active now. Good time to get in!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Pretty much, one time buy of the client.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Stones still gets me going as an intro song. Looking really good. Actually impressed they have that much done on Unity. That's a huge map.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Should be back online soon. My power supply died and the new part comes in tomorrow. Joys. I blame Stardew Valley.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Pretty much just waiting for the new map right now.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ran around a bit more last night. About two hours of running dungeons and didn't see a single person. Maybe five people in various towns and one person in a house outside Moonglow.

If you read discord you'd think the server was packed. It's dead, the 80% wipe might be good for it but I'm not sure there's enough players for this to be a thing.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
A portion of gold from 2.5m get converted then anything over 2.5m up to X amount gets converted at a more severe rate, housing plots count towards this. All skills get knocked backed if above 70 to 70. Enchantment resources will carry over.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
At this point I feel like it would have just been easier to use that patreon money and donation money to build it from scratch using UE4 or a newer version of Unity. Instead of trying to make a new/old game fit in an engine that by all accounts seems to be against customization outside small things.
All the custom assets they have made could even be reused.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 21, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
The elite of 12 players? I don't get that vibe really. Feels like they realized if everyone was GMd the content would dry up pretty quick. Considering said content is houses, three or four dungeons and town camping... I'm not really surprised? Problem with an incomplete map is the world is going to be so drat small.
I am looking forward to chilling in Cove 'til Moonglow is done in five years.
If we all do go back in, once houses are added, where's the planned goon town?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Mondian posted:

Does gardening or whatever that secondary skill still factor in? I was getting like 30 per plant or something after I gm'd it. Cotton tycoon incoming

No they patched it to 1 regardless of subs skills. The answer to this problem that no one saw as a problem. Still can't sheer sheep.

Gardening won't be back until well after housing. Gardening is also suppose to "fix" the reagent shortage right now that they artificially created.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Is Citadel still selling server copies or how ever the hell that works?

Like if i wanted to start up a Loa server for me and a few pals...

This kinda blow's but, when my main died i have nothing, just underwear and a blessed bear. I dont even know the town they stuck me in, its like the very top to the rigth-ish somewhere on this world map, where it looks like a 2 yr old drew in ms paint.

I cant even seem to get to Britainia at all?

edit: found a way...
edit: Im in yew! no one want's to give me money and the newbie chest is off limits to me cause my character is too old.
Are the moongates in?

edit: found the moongates.

Join in on Discord. Between the lot of us we can get you up to speed with a set of starter items.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
If you wanna return to this server and keep most of your character progress do so before August 1st. If you don't they'll delete your characters.
They really should let this go longer than a single month.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Housing Launch Incoming! We're looking at places for the GoonMall.

quote:

It's time! Housing will be launched at 10am US Eastern Time/2pm UTC on Saturday 24th July. Some notes for you all:

* To build a house, you'll need to visit an architect and purchase a house placement tool. These will be available at the mentioned time and not before
* Both gold and legacy tokens can be used to contribute towards the cost of a house
* Pricing for houses can be seen once you purchase a house placement tool
* We will work towards having previews of each house available on the wiki in the next few days
* Valid areas for house placement are generally flat, green grass. Use your minimap to check these more accurately
* Please note that housing will NOT be available in Britain and Minoc/Cove to begin with. This is to ensure we can maintain an acceptable level of ...

-----------------------------------------------

Click here to read the full article: https://legendsofultima.online/news/housing

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Not being a smartass or anything, but is the map big enough?
How do i get my legacy tokens?

Edit: Nm, im boned. :(

Available land on Housing Drop day.
Once you transfer your character from Celador to Britainia you can say "I must consider my Legacy" to check your token count. I have a whopping 22! Some people have 600! It capped at 1000 but we have no idea what they convert to house wise.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FreeWifi!! posted:

Edit: Anyone figure out a way to fight an orc and NOT run out of stamina?

Stamina potions and tiered cooked food from players.
Stamina gain from food isn't amazing but it certainly helps. I like cooked fish. Pots can't be used frequently but can keep you from getting rooted in place. Welcome to one of the most disliked changes that staff will NOT listen to complaints on because... *checks notes* Dexers make money too quickly. Ignoring mages and tamers and bards.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Housing isn't for a week or so.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ambient noise is hosed right now due to client.
Stamina thing. Yeah. It dumb.

House sample posted in Discord. I want that small smithy.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 18, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ask in the Goon LOU discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

a dmc delorean posted:

I think that's always been there but it was extremely infrequent

It's been disabled for as long as I've played on the server. They reenabled it recently and it auto jails now if you don't see it. I typically work on the side while mining so this sucks.