Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Many Goons still playing? I made a char on LoU and got super excited, spent about 8 hours playing, then they've just had a server roll back :,(

Love the game so far though and subbed on Patreon (the absolute cheapest sub because I'm broke). Played UO 1999 - 2003ish, this is the first game to really feel like a more modern version of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

The new map launched a week or so back - just wondered if anyone was planning on making a come back?

Here's a link to the "Transition Plan" (which has already taken place): https://wiki.legendsofultima.online/transition-plan

You can transition any characters you want to the new map now. To do that, you pack what you want into a "Transfer Bag" (restricted mostly to just decorative items), leave that in your bank and then head to the gate with a giant Daemon stood next to it just East of Brit.

High level key things of key things that happen when you transition:
• Players in Britannia will use a new gold currency.
• Britannia gold can only be obtained in Britannia from vendors or monsters.
• All skills will be reduced by 30% upon entering Britannia.
• Skills will not be reduced below 50.0
• All stats will be reduced by 30% upon entering Britannia.
• Stats will not be reduced below 50
• Secondary Skills will remain unchanged

Skill gain in the new-old-world is... fairly brutal. It's generally very slow and the amount you can gain per day is capped, adapting to your skill points at the time (less the higher you go).

Just thought I'd drop this in here in case people didn't know.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Totally agree it's not worth starting "fresh" new characters yet as the grind is completely insane. The General chat on their Discord is just as trash as it was before (endless memes and thigh slapping at all the devs jokes). I joined after the Goon guild was pretty much dead on the old-old map, but thought I'd sort of resurrect this thread in case it was gonna get started again.

They've done most of the dungeons of old (Shame, Covetous, Wrong, Ice etc.) and the locations are as they used to be. The cities currently in play are Brit, Yew, Minoc, Buccs Den and Cove (so no Moonglow, Magincia, Trinsic, etc.). I also hear they're thinking of introducing factions (Minax, True Brit, Shadowlords, CoM), but given the map is like 2 years late I expect it will never happen.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

I guess worth posting another nuance regarding Dexers that people returning might have missed; they've essentially added a "tank" mechanic (like WoW) that allows you to take the aggro and heavy hits from big bad mobs while your friends lay down the serious firepower! You can read more about it here: https://wiki.legendsofultima.online/en/skills/parrying
Theory:
- You need 60+ Parry Skill, an armour penalty of 60%+, a shield equipped
- You now have several "moves" available to you (open skill book and go to Parrying, they're there)
- Taunt (grab strong aggro of single target), Call to Arms (grab AoE aggro), Unwavering stance (be on foot and have an increased armour rating bonus and heal amount bonus at the cost of dex reduction and movement speed reduction)
- Get yourself out there and pimp slap Balron's while your mates take them from behind! It's raining Vanqs!

Reality:
- You will dismount, lose all of your stamina extremely quickly and become a sitting duck for all manner monsters, trolls and PK's
- You will fail your taunt "move" and the mob will attack your mates who will begin frantically running around in a mad panic, drawing in just about every single other mob in the dungeon before running back to you for a cross-heal sesh
- Did I mention you will be out of stamina?
- You will die and all of your fancy armour and weapons will be a pretty prize for the lunatic running about with blade spirit scrolls, solo'ing the mob you just tried to kill with a whole group of you

In all seriousness, they've made a decent effort in trying to make dexers a viable "alternative" to just a bunch of tamers and bards, but in reality the insane obsession with having everybody be permanently out of stamina in this game just makes it near impossible. You have a limited number of pots that you can chug in any given time period, making refresh pots less viable. There is a food now which provides stamina refresh but I don't know how effective it is and given everything is pretty ineffective at the moment, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time trying to find out.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Since starting again I've trained an archer dexer, a swords dexer, a mage and a thief (ofc, not all to GM). And by a country mile the thief is the most profitable. Just because of the sheer grindfest that this game is right now, almost everyone is just afk macro'ing. Usually Magery. And regs are expensive.

I also, somehow, stole a Vanquishing Katana off someone in Cove. God knows how they got that this early in the "re-launch".