Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How accurate is the legends server's overworld to UO's overworld? I'm guessing it'll be based on release or maybe t2a?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If you're going to allow macros, why not build one in the game/server for everyone to use?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
oh come on, it's still open pvp mostly. harassment is never far behind.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Alexander DeLarge posted:

This isn't really a guide but it's a nice walkthrough of the mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flEuupi0fmw

It doesn't look like they're trying to recreate the old school player homes, which is turning into a big turn off for me.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

snergle posted:

please link that.

is it this one? Tamer bitching is at the end. Also Korn, not System of a Down.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

sonikburn posted:

Between the painfully slow gains (I just mined for about 45 minutes to an hour without a single gain), horrible server lag, and just other general "bugginess," this game is almost unplayable IMO.

I was wondering about that. Saw a couple twitch streams of people mining and it seemed like more than half their hits were failures.

Also, kinda sucks you can't just mine any exposed piece of rock, it looks like you have to go to a mine specifically and target designated boulders.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Dante posted:

Mining is by far the worst skill to grind right now in the game, but to be fair it took literally months to GM mining in UO as well. The other crafting/harvesting skills aren't as bad as mining though, but it's a good idea to roll a dexxer first to get some cash.

I'm pretty sure that was blacksmithing. I got GM mining much sooner than I did with blacksmithing.

It's bullshit that you can't even walk away with 50% success though, that really should be fixed. I'd also like to see that vein requirement dropped.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
What's the game's economy like? I get that money isn't an issue for goon projects, but I'm curious how crafting in general is playing out.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
LoU will need to wipe housing if they're bringing in an era accurate map, won't they?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Well now you really shouldn't because the server owner is a huge baby with brain damage.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

soy posted:

I'm just a soy boy mmmm :gay:

also you look like beavis

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
please buy my locally produced bespoke artisanal iron helmet

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
this thread feels a little empty without soy

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I asked, sounds like he was causing problems posting on kiwifarms.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Not surprised.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Skyfire posted:

Surprisingly, they've actually committed to a release date, June 20th.

Yeah, not sure I believe it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsw9nMYdsU

He heard us talking poo poo and now he's gonna pretend to post up, even though he can only deliver... what, half the main continent?

It feels like wasted effort at this point. Aria is slowly circling the drain and it's only a matter of time before his project goes with it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Tough time skilling up wouldn't make me too upset if everyone had to start over square one.

Shame the new map hasn't really worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Ahaha holy poo poo. The Devs of this dumb game just instituted a CAPTCHA for resource gathering.

there isn't an :ughh: large enough.