Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't know how much they can actually handle since there hasn't been enough people online to stress the servers but push come to shove, they have the resources to do a second server and servers will be able to be clustered so progression will be shared across both.

IG name: AlexanderDeLarge

Also the game is getting a somewhat significant graphical overhaul. It looks pretty good now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMhfWggDUs

For anyone on the fence, there should be an open beta this month or next month.

Nice shiny new graphics are nice, but I kinda wish they would work on the clunky rear end combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

insomne posted:

Here's the reasoning he gave me. All I was doing was asking very politely in the Discord how inviting players he liked to the EQMS Discord construed as "poaching" and the dude booted me for it. There were several goons (some who got kicked as well like Hot Buttered Cooter) who were there to witness it. The whole situation is just absurd, also, talk about sociopathic!

Vulgaar, for context, is a big community member and not even two days ago and held a noob-night for all of us so we could get some money (the screenshots posted a page ago where we were all at the champ spawns were organized and led by him). I've seen him be nothing but an awesome guy and a helpful resource.

Even the Citadel guys are aware of the bad ownership:

Poaching rule?

The gently caress is that all about?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

So is the Legends of Ultima server down?

I only see the Test server.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

So does anyone know where the crash logs are kept?

*grumble*

Edit: Game is crashing on launch just after the opening logos. My computer is a bit older but it more than meets the minimum specs.

Not sure where the crash logs are kept..

The game runs lovely on my comp as well and ive got a decent mid level gaming Machine. I just think they really need to optimize the client alot more, which I'm not even sure if thats on their list of to do stuff..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

kumba posted:

that or just take your starter weap and armor and go to brit sewers and beat on some rats, then harpies, then giant beetles

once you're mid 50s/early 60s in weap skill/tac you can buy a silver weapon and go to deception which is just to the NE of moonglow in the cemetery, just be careful of magic users / cursed thief mobs since they can and will poison you so you'll either need magery & regs for cure or you'll need at least 60.1 heal/anat or both - even with that level of heal you can fail to cure quite often and the poison does enough damage to be life threatening

Are the giant beetles in Brit sewers?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I see alot of archers running around.

Are they OP or what?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Edit: Reread the patch notes, nevermind.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 5, 2018

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

soy posted:

just this

the real insult imo is doing what they want and not causing more drama which they clearly want more of

also goons going radio silent suddenly is already causing pubs to worry what we're doing

Can Data even read english?

Everytime he's types in the LOU discord it just comes out a garbled mess that has me wondering "What the gently caress is he trying to say?"

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

I hit Lou once in a while to see what's new etc.
It's gotten better since Andi was kicked out/left/quit whatever . I'm down for the new Goontown.

Edit: still got a 1.3 million dollar gold check collecting dust in my mains bank.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 5, 2019

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

soy posted:

He hosed off?!?! Holy poo poo then I might come check it out again.

Yea, he's gone. No letter to the players or any goodbyes on the LoA Discord.

It probably wont be as much fun as the first time we all played on there, but it's worth another lookover.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

soy posted:

I fondly remember griefing the poo poo out his little safe space roleplaying town until he came and slayed us then tried to pass it off as a game mechanic.

I just came in here to post that...

That had to be the funniest poo poo I've ever seen in a mmo.

"Why did an admin kill us?"

"It's a game mechanic, working as intended.."

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Skyfire posted:

It was Gorgan, who's very much still there, that did the zapping, not Andi. Andi just liked setting completely movable, depending on his mood, boundaries as to what we could get away with.

We left right as the T2 changes hit, so all armour/weapons you used to have will be useless, the houses disappeared, the guildstone is probably sitting on Angel's account if it even exists anymore.

Just scanning through the news page, it looks like they implemented that gardening/disease bullshit, reworked most of the dungeons, did something with Hunger, allowed runing in dungeons, took the Orcs out of Vesper(cunts), added a couple of factions to Order/chaos, added guild wars and a load more other poo poo.

Their last news update looks solid though and certainly can't be abused

Guards have been removed from the sewers
- the sewers are only accessible by Young Players now, so guards are not required any longer.

I'm tempted to have another go, I've re-opened the LOU channel in discord if anyone's interested.

It begins...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

Can confirm that Legends of Aria (Early Access) is now on Steam. And only a year late!

Assuming you purchased prior to Steam, you can get your Steam redemption code by logging into your Legends of Aria account at https://www.legendsofaria.com.

I'll have to redownload and make sure the guild house and guildstone and PILES OF GOLD are still within the moving crate which should be in my bank.

I'm interested in getting back in if we get the gang together.

I would do that (getting your moving crate) asap.
I think the crates expire after a certain time...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 7, 2019

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Weltlich posted:

Are they still doing the "You Must Have a RP Compliant Name" bullshit? Because there were a lot of good names that got banned/locked/changed.

I tried to use the name Ronald Reagan about three months ago, as soon as my character hit town a GM appeared instantly. He told me political names aren't allowed. Not sure if that's still the deal.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Was wondering last week about Andy when i logged into LoU to see 2 people in the 3 hours i spent roaming around.

And something tells me they are never going to get that UO map online.

Ever.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Skyfire posted:

Surprisingly, they've actually committed to a release date, June 20th.

Yeah, not sure I believe it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsw9nMYdsU

What suck's is that Stimwalt is a really nice guy. I've dealt with him on numerous occasions on LoU and he's pretty much a class act all the way.

I just don't think i'll ever see the new map.

And i don't think they have the playerbase anymore...

:(

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Here's the "Transition" ...

https://web2.legendsofultima.online/lou-transition-plan.pdf

They finally caught on that having EVERYONE IN GAME IS A GM IN EVERYTHING THIS CANT FAIL ALSO ALL MONSTERS AND ANIMALS DROP 10k GOLD EVERYTIME AND GOOD WEAPONS TOO isn't such a good thing.

I skimmed past some parts but it basicaly says skills will be harder to train, as well as gold drops will be less etc.

Something about moving from one world to another something something...

I didnt read anything about us being permitted to bring the gold we have over (i got 5 million in bank), maybe i missed that part.

If it does appear (the new map) im gonna check it out and see how it is...

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

The elite of 12 players? I don't get that vibe really. Feels like they realized if everyone was GMd the content would dry up pretty quick. Considering said content is houses, three or four dungeons and town camping... I'm not really surprised? Problem with an incomplete map is the world is going to be so drat small.
I am looking forward to chilling in Cove 'til Moonglow is done in five years.
If we all do go back in, once houses are added, where's the planned goon town?

Just right outside of Britain, as close as we can get to it.

If there any players that actually return, Goon Squad should be there to welcome them back

And take all their hard earned gold..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Lost my 2 million gold cause i thought (i read it?) that if you leave your gold in the bank box itll be there on the other side. It wasnt.
New map look's nice. Less lag it seem's. Also Less players.
Skills were pushed down to 70, :effort: on getting them back up.
Did i mention i lost my 2 million gold?

If a goon guild gets back together i might be persuaded to get my Grandmaster title back.

8/10 for the map. Hopefully the players will return. Or bot's or something ...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 7, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Spoke too soon, lag is monster right now, taking 3-5 seconds to register a keystroke

Getting this weird "when i walk by a npc or pc my character decides to walk reaaaal slow" anyone know what this is?

gonna shelve this till tommorrow hopefully they'll get the lag sorted..

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Skyfire posted:

Your gold gets transferred into tokens to use for housing......which isn't released yet. 2m will get you about 600 tokens, no idea what that will get you as they won't release any details on it. Must keep their secrets.

The new map is basically 1 step forward then 4 sideways and sort of backwards. The world is dull and lifeless despite 2 years of work, lots of bizarre design decision, like Chef says, it's really not worth playing. Our discord on the first post is still active though so feel free to come listen to us bitch about it.

I might join you guys.

Nothings going to bring back the days of old with Soy making his newbie teleportation trap, and pissing off the admins.

Or when runebooks came out, and the guy selling them was charging 20k a book. So Soy sets up shop right *next* to the guy and sells his runebooks for 200g. Just to piss the guy off. :salt: :lol:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Is Citadel still selling server copies or how ever the hell that works?

Like if i wanted to start up a Loa server for me and a few pals...

This kinda blow's but, when my main died i have nothing, just underwear and a blessed bear. I dont even know the town they stuck me in, its like the very top to the rigth-ish somewhere on this world map, where it looks like a 2 yr old drew in ms paint.

I cant even seem to get to Britainia at all?

edit: found a way...
edit: Im in yew! no one want's to give me money and the newbie chest is off limits to me cause my character is too old.
Are the moongates in?

edit: found the moongates.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 10, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Tulips posted:

I guess worth posting another nuance regarding Dexers that people returning might have missed; they've essentially added a "tank" mechanic (like WoW) that allows you to take the aggro and heavy hits from big bad mobs while your friends lay down the serious firepower! You can read more about it here: https://wiki.legendsofultima.online/en/skills/parrying
Theory:
- You need 60+ Parry Skill, an armour penalty of 60%+, a shield equipped
- You now have several "moves" available to you (open skill book and go to Parrying, they're there)
- Taunt (grab strong aggro of single target), Call to Arms (grab AoE aggro), Unwavering stance (be on foot and have an increased armour rating bonus and heal amount bonus at the cost of dex reduction and movement speed reduction)
- Get yourself out there and pimp slap Balron's while your mates take them from behind! It's raining Vanqs!

Reality:
- You will dismount, lose all of your stamina extremely quickly and become a sitting duck for all manner monsters, trolls and PK's
- You will fail your taunt "move" and the mob will attack your mates who will begin frantically running around in a mad panic, drawing in just about every single other mob in the dungeon before running back to you for a cross-heal sesh
- Did I mention you will be out of stamina?
- You will die and all of your fancy armour and weapons will be a pretty prize for the lunatic running about with blade spirit scrolls, solo'ing the mob you just tried to kill with a whole group of you

In all seriousness, they've made a decent effort in trying to make dexers a viable "alternative" to just a bunch of tamers and bards, but in reality the insane obsession with having everybody be permanently out of stamina in this game just makes it near impossible. You have a limited number of pots that you can chug in any given time period, making refresh pots less viable. There is a food now which provides stamina refresh but I don't know how effective it is and given everything is pretty ineffective at the moment, I wasn't going to spend a lot of time trying to find out.

Ive said it before and ill say it again the stamina in LoU is terrible.
Start fight
lose stamina
keep fighting
lose more stamina
run from monster
lose ALL stamina

Ride horse
slowly lose stamina
keep riding horse
lose all stamina

Log out of game
Uninstall LoU

I know Stimwalts got a long road with LoU, but the stamina thing was a problem the first day they introduced it (i think andy was still around).
Please penalize me more for wanting to play your laggy, half finished everything map.
The stamina thing sucked back then and it sucks now.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 14, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Tulips posted:

Since starting again I've trained an archer dexer, a swords dexer, a mage and a thief (ofc, not all to GM). And by a country mile the thief is the most profitable. Just because of the sheer grindfest that this game is right now, almost everyone is just afk macro'ing. Usually Magery. And regs are expensive.

I also, somehow, stole a Vanquishing Katana off someone in Cove. God knows how they got that this early in the "re-launch".

Im kinda sure it was a bug?

2 days ago i was farming cotton and the same piece in the same place kept respawning for about 20 mins.

Harvest. Respawn. Harvest.

I just sat there and kept farming it.

Pretty sure that wasn't really expose to happen either.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Ha! I caught the same bug a week ago and am now sitting on a petit bandage empire.

Booze and secondary skills are planned to return.

There is one title i miss the most in LoU that i had.

Village Drunk.

I would actually pay to get that title again.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 16, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Housing Launch Incoming! We're looking at places for the GoonMall.

Not being a smartass or anything, but is the map big enough?
How do i get my legacy tokens?

Edit: Nm, im boned. :(

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 17, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Available land on Housing Drop day.
Once you transfer your character from Celador to Britainia you can say "I must consider my Legacy" to check your token count. I have a whopping 22! Some people have 600! It capped at 1000 but we have no idea what they convert to house wise.

Thanks for the info.

I got 288 legacy coins.

meh.

Edit: Anyone figure out a way to fight an orc and NOT run out of stamina?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 18, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Oh well.

It seems the architect in Brit is out of house placement tools.

And yes, as a dexer i currently make 45k an hour killing pigs and boars.

When my stamina doesn't run out...

Which it does...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 18, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Kortel posted:

Housing isn't for a week or so.

I misread the news area on the LoU website, thanks again.

Looks like if i wanna play my dexer, im going to need to buy pots and food or make a crafting character to handle that area.

Also, anyone else's ambient sounds dont work? Like birds, Npc noises etc?

All i hear is my bear mount footsteps, and even that is really low.

So, mining doesn't take any stamina at all, but fighting does.

That makes no sense?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 18, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Cloner of the Elks posted:

My mage ran out of stamina from running with 2 thirds carry weight used. Nice

Just wait till your on your horse randomly riding and your out of stamina.

This server is starting out on the wrong foot...

If alot of the answers to the questions i ask are on the LoU discord, i dont go there.

It sucks and the people there make me nauseous. Going on the LoU Discord server is like a prison sentence.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

We're within a week of when it was mathematically possible to be the highest end crafter and already people are talking about forming cartels. Undercutting the market is going to be the most satisfying forms of pvp known.

So your pretty much saying its like before?

Cause it seems alot like before.

Farm
Macro
Farm
Farm
Macro

Everyone is now GM everything and everybody has no less than 850k in the bank.

I understand why Stimwalt wanted a new economy and all

But People are just repeating what they did on old LoU, and nothings really changed.

cant wait to see how houses are going to play into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

They're fighting the wrong thing. The real problem with the economy is always going to be skill inflation. The economy doesn't die because there's too much gold. It dies because almost every player eventually makes themselves self-sufficient.

This.

When i had my crafter on LoU i really needed for nothing but to go out and get supplies like wood and ore.

I uninstalled this a day ago, let me know when they get the sound fixed and how houses are going.