Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

This can be really cool. How many players do they support per server?

I'm a little short right now, but if we get a good goon group I might pick this up. UO release was the best mmo times I ever had.

I don't know how much they can actually handle since there hasn't been enough people online to stress the servers but push come to shove, they have the resources to do a second server and servers will be able to be clustered so progression will be shared across both.

IG name: AlexanderDeLarge

Also the game is getting a somewhat significant graphical overhaul. It looks pretty good now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMhfWggDUs

For anyone on the fence, there should be an open beta this month or next month.

Also if someone else isn't going to post a referral link, I'll do it shamelessly. Help me get a cool in game hat/decorations in the official servers. I think referrals get something cool too.
http://www.legendsofaria.com/purchase/?referral=ff-3a72

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

How accurate is the legends server's overworld to UO's overworld? I'm guessing it'll be based on release or maybe t2a?

Right now it's using Legends of Aria's default map because they don't have the ability to modify that. The upcoming Steam Early Access launch will allow them to use the Britannia map they've been working on. No idea what era it'll be based on.
Join their discord https://discord.gg/N9ByNCr

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
On a somewhat related note I wouldn't expect them to go all UOForever/Renaissance on us with this. They seem to be interpreting where a hypothetical Ultima Online 2 would've gone and I'm far more interested in that. I'm sure there'll be competing shards that go full nostalgia where it's the equivalent of the free shards but in the new engine but this isn't going to be it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

I just noticed this. I've put your referral link in the OP in case anyone is planning on buying the Champion or Lord packs (they're the ones that will get you loyalty points).

Awesome thanks. I don't know how much it affects Legends of Ultima but on Aria they're adding some decorations you can use on your property. They're pretty good about rewarding the early founders too. Every month you have the game, you get loyalty. Every month you actually play, you get more. There's been a little bit of controversy though because the new Champion/Lord packs give some early adopters more loyalty than the Kickstarters from 3 years ago.

zwdzk posted:

The orc camp next door saw our sweet digs and decided to move in

Oh jeez that's something they need to fix. I'll send that over to the team. Spawns shouldn't be anywhere near player real estate.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2018

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

zwdzk posted:

Much fun was had by all when the server vets decided to host a noob night. After meeting at Goontown, we took down several "Champ" bosses and got rich in the process.

Jesus. Looks like a good time.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Turd Herder posted:

Hahah sounds like similar crap done in worlds adrift but not racial undertons. So it was fun and hilarious.
But I'm wondering why we shouldnt play on the mains server once there is no resets

There is no subscription price.

Major draw to Legends of Ultima is the upcoming Britannia map and the 1:1 UO mechanics. I'll be playing on all sorts of servers. They'll all have their own draws. I know there's a Tolkien shard being worked on. Probably Warhammer/Norrath/D&D too. I think we'll be seeing a lot of the persistent world communities from Neverwinter Nights move over.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

Their rules are listed in the OP. The thing is, if we play this game like normal human beings and don't harass people, we'll be fine. There is no reason we can't just be a red goon murderball destroying everything in our path (we've pretty much got permission for that). If we run into issues where the admins are being extremely unreasonable then we could consider moving to another shard - once steam release is done I'd imagine there would be at least one other shard attempting to 1:1 UO

Even the official shard isn't worlds apart from that

Depends how obfuscated the custom assets, especially maps are once you download them. If anyone can download and access their Britannia map, I bet there'll be ten competitors.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

D-Pad posted:

So I backed this a long time ago and finally decided to check it out. Does anybody have a link to a more detailed guide than what is in the OP? I never played original UO and have no idea what I am doing.

This isn't really a guide but it's a nice walkthrough of the mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flEuupi0fmw

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

It doesn't look like they're trying to recreate the old school player homes, which is turning into a big turn off for me.

I'd imagine they will once custom asset import is in. Just low on the priority list?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

PROTIP: If you max the size of your U/I to accommodate, say playing on a HTPC, it also increases the size of the login window and may just park the the "Play" button below the event horizon at the bottom of your television.

and yes those settings persist across reinstalls somehow so welp.

On this note I should add the Steam Controller works great. Could use some optimizations (which should come with Steam Early Access launch) for chat and whatnot but it works far better than any other controller ever could with a game like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Remit posted:

Probably has something to do with your brain trying to pair that screenshot with a game that is releasing in 2018 or 2019. I think there are mobile games that look better

Bad screenshot. They gotta update interiors a bit because the exteriors look really nice now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMhfWggDUs