Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

FormerFatty posted:

post some pvp vids!

If you want to see how inept we are at PVP, watch us take 5 minutes to kill someone

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299418730?t=01h25m39s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

You can certainly make a tanky type character with Parry and Plate Armour, but practically every melee character will have healing, it's practically impossible to survive without it unless you go magery. And it's also more efficient to cross heal rather than self heal. Hop in the Goon Discord, plenty of us around to talk you through it

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

Are you limited on the number of characters you can make? I would kinda like a tamer at some point but I would also enjoy a character I can get up and running prior to the heat death of the universe along the way.

Also if you buy the founder's pack now will you get the Steam version as well?

You get 4 character slots, we don't know if that's going to increase or not.

All founder accounts will have access to the steam version Founder FAQ

Also Pahuyuth, we're no longer at Buccs Den, ask for a gate once you're authed on discord

Skyfire fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 3, 2018

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Angelwolf posted:

EVs attack casters. They're the number one goon killer when we do dragon runs, too.
EV's attack other players, yours won't attack you.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

It's back up now and we're pre-patch.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

I know most of you have buggered off to Outlands, but if you want to keep your house and it's contents, have a read, the latest patch screwed housing big time.

https://www.legendsofultima.online/community/d/52-lou-relaunch-new-plan

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

It was Gorgan, who's very much still there, that did the zapping, not Andi. Andi just liked setting completely movable, depending on his mood, boundaries as to what we could get away with.

We left right as the T2 changes hit, so all armour/weapons you used to have will be useless, the houses disappeared, the guildstone is probably sitting on Angel's account if it even exists anymore.

Just scanning through the news page, it looks like they implemented that gardening/disease bullshit, reworked most of the dungeons, did something with Hunger, allowed runing in dungeons, took the Orcs out of Vesper(cunts), added a couple of factions to Order/chaos, added guild wars and a load more other poo poo.

Their last news update looks solid though and certainly can't be abused

Guards have been removed from the sewers
- the sewers are only accessible by Young Players now, so guards are not required any longer.

I'm tempted to have another go, I've re-opened the LOU channel in discord if anyone's interested.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Angelwolf posted:

I'll have to redownload and make sure the guild house and guildstone and PILES OF GOLD are still within the moving crate which should be in my bank.

Unless you physically moved it in there, it won't be. They had to redo the whole putting everything in the bank box as I kept crashing the server with all the poo poo I had in mine. It changed to a bank box in the middle of the house, then everything went poof after a few months

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: The gorgans pickaxe was used by goon squad to undermine everyone Else back then
[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: It was hell
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: one goon squad member was great
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: i dont remember his name tho
[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: but others were poo poo i guess
[11:56 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: Well. Goons are back. :wink:
[11:56 PM] [DJs]👹Goratrix👹:

[11:56 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: not sure
[11:56 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: Took The devs at least 6 months before they discovered it
[11:57 PM] [DoW] Vulcore "Kitty Kat Man": Holy crap someone get that guy a coffee or a percocet. What a debbie downer
[11:57 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: gently caress goons!
[11:57 PM] c00lb12ns: seems all the good stuff is really rare. usually only get resourses from tmaps. then again i have terrible luck so..
[11:57 PM] [RIP] DJANGO: I will killl Them all like The Little shits they are
[11:57 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: @[DoW] Vulcore "Kitty Kat Man" are you referring to me?
[11:57 PM] [GOOD]Meltman: sir
[11:57 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: I found em on UO Outlands aswell hehe..
[11:57 PM] [PHR] Thyrfing/Havagrim: They are everywhere!

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

The new church has been consecrated and is a stones throw away from Occlo moongate

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

You joined the Official LOU discord, I forwarded a link to you.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

This is pretty big, Stimwalt showing off the work they've done the UO map, ETA 2-3 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8fcvLjjybY

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwL4Zgxyfvg

TLDR: Map on TC before the end of the year

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

This could probably use an update. The Brit map has been up on Test Centre since early January and it's very smooth. They held a brawl on there last weekend, I couldn't feel any lag in it with 30 odd people in the same area, which is practically unheard of for this game. They're holding another one this weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNQG9qZVSc

As for big changes in the game, Enchanting has been disabled which resulted in lots of whiny tamers quitting the game and much hilarity. Lots of combat changes are up on TC, poison getting a hefty nerf, 2 handed weapons get specials, LJ bonus in PVP, Mount stamina being frozen in combat, Potion toxicity and a load of other stuff, most of which is looking good.

Production is a complete ghost town though, so it's going to be interesting whether there will be a playerbase once they switch over to the new map.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Surprisingly, they've actually committed to a release date, June 20th.

Yeah, not sure I believe it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsw9nMYdsU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

FreeWifi!! posted:

Lost my 2 million gold cause i thought (i read it?) that if you leave your gold in the bank box itll be there on the other side. It wasnt.
New map look's nice. Less lag it seem's. Also Less players.
Skills were pushed down to 70, :effort: on getting them back up.
Did i mention i lost my 2 million gold?

If a goon guild gets back together i might be persuaded to get my Grandmaster title back.

8/10 for the map. Hopefully the players will return. Or bot's or something ...

Your gold gets transferred into tokens to use for housing......which isn't released yet. 2m will get you about 600 tokens, no idea what that will get you as they won't release any details on it. Must keep their secrets.

The new map is basically 1 step forward then 4 sideways and sort of backwards. The world is dull and lifeless despite 2 years of work, lots of bizarre design decision, like Chef says, it's really not worth playing. Our discord on the first post is still active though so feel free to come listen to us bitch about it.