Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It's a no from me on the auction draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The commish is dead, long live the commish!

I will retain LM powers for this season to make the transition smoother for darkwolf, thanks again darkwolf for taking the reigns.

I of course, will therefore also be playing.

Silly Burrito posted:

I think I remember us discussing it last year, but are we actually going to change the schedule this year as it says in the OP?

As an example, I don't ever think I've ever played against Braksgirl in the 6-7 years we've been in the league together. I'm sure I haven't played some other people too. While it's probably a case of be careful for what you wish for, I wouldn't mind a more randomized schedule every year assuming it's easy to do so. I think ESPN allows you to randomize it, but I'm not sure if that would include the 8/3/2 divide above.

The scheduler Burrito provided in the next post is literally the one I used every year in making the schedule. You *can* manually set the schedule, but I've found in recent years there's only been one or two changes even necessary. This suggests ESPN got smart and was remembering my alignments.

In any case, I'd bet to get Burrito to play Brak's Girl you'd simply have to shuffle their starting slot. It's probably a small oversight of mine that I never did that.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Also, I just wanna say these changes darkwolf is proposing are interesting and I look forward to seeing how they work out.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Yeah, the actual rule changes are similar to what we did in another league I'm in a couple of years ago and it really helped, especially in terms of defensive scoring.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

The desired effect isn't as much to boost defensive scoring relative to other positions much (though it will a bit) as it is to make every defense playable and discourage not fielding anyone.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

darkwolf220 posted:

The desired effect isn't as much to boost defensive scoring relative to other positions much (though it will a bit) as it is to make every defense playable and discourage not fielding anyone.

This was something I was thinking about implementing (before this year's change).

I was thinking of basically making it an instant forfeit if you intentionally didn't play a defense or something.

This is a better solution.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

This was something I was thinking about implementing (before this year's change).

I was thinking of basically making it an instant forfeit if you intentionally didn't play a defense or something.

This is a better solution.

The only bad part on that idea is what if your defense is on a bye that week, and there are literally no defenses on the waiver wire? I've seen scarce pickings on the waiver wire (usually 3-5) and pretty sure I've seen zero defenses available a time or two.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I'm ok with all of the proposed changes, but I would prefer no auction drafting.

halonx
May 4, 2005

I am in! I thought I had made this post already, but apparently that was just a dream.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody dropped out yet? I'm #1 on the wait list 😁

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

89 posted:

Anybody dropped out yet? I'm #1 on the wait list 😁

Everyone from last season is confirmed coming back but JuicedSixFo, who isn't accepting PMs. I am going to hold the spot for them until the end of day on August 11th. If they don't show, you're in.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Also, please note: The projected points totals are up and reflecting the scoring changes. Top defenses are fairly high, on par with good QBs, RBs and WRs. The top defense (Rams) is projected at 330, the 20th (Cardinals) is 216. About a 7 PPG difference between the best and 20th best. Look over the rankings, don't sleep on them, while they are certainly all playable and will contribute, they are not as interchangeable as they used to be.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Also, please note: The projected points totals are up and reflecting the scoring changes. Top defenses are fairly high, on par with good QBs, RBs and WRs. The top defense (Rams) is projected at 330, the 20th (Cardinals) is 216. About a 7 PPG difference between the best and 20th best. Look over the rankings, don't sleep on them, while they are certainly all playable and will contribute, they are not as interchangeable as they used to be.

Translation: Draft a defense in the first round.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Translation: Draft a defense in the first round.

The top 10 should go in the first 3 rounds. High end QBs like Wilson, Rodgers etc and high end RBs like Gurley should certainly go before anything, but I should expect a few to go mid to late 1st round. Best defense is likely better than best WR. Because of the starting limitations, probably not the best idea to stock up on them though :P

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Since we have 19 out of 20 signed up, now all we need is our randomized draft order so that we can not trade picks! :D

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Shameless plug for an opening in the SAS Dynasty League - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859837

Someone needs to take over for FuneralDinosaur, who has the third draft pick and whose roster looks like this:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=34155&F=0006&O=07

Drop in the thread or send a PM to me if you're interested!

I'd join this one but am already locked into 3 leagues.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alucard posted:

Shameless plug for an opening in the SAS Dynasty League - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859837

Someone needs to take over for FuneralDinosaur, who has the third draft pick and whose roster looks like this:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=34155&F=0006&O=07

Drop in the thread or send a PM to me if you're interested!

I'd join this one but am already locked into 3 leagues.

My old team!!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just found out I have a business trip to VMWorld on Aug 26th, so I'm probably going to have to draft by phone. I'm pretty sure you can. I hope you can. :ohdear:

Can we get our draft order soon? I can at least stack 100 picks or so in autodraft and hope I get 5 at the worst.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You can you can relax frand

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diqnol posted:

You can you can relax frand

Cool! I hope Las Vegas has internets.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It's in the middle of the desert. There are only cacti and tumbleweeds. Sorry.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come on, drop somebodyyyyy

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

89 posted:

Come on, drop somebodyyyyy

lol how many years have you been on the list now?

Also, Juiced almost always shows up at the last second.

Like me, this league is pretty much the only reason he shows up anymore.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

The only bad part on that idea is what if your defense is on a bye that week, and there are literally no defenses on the waiver wire? I've seen scarce pickings on the waiver wire (usually 3-5) and pretty sure I've seen zero defenses available a time or two.

Yeah which is one reason I prefer DarkWolfs solution.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

JetsGuy posted:

lol how many years have you been on the list now?

Also, Juiced almost always shows up at the last second.

Like me, this league is pretty much the only reason he shows up anymore.

Possibly 3 years lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

89 posted:

Possibly 3 years lol

89, you can have my spot. I'm going to bow out of this league and join a goon auction league (probably Roto, but if not that, I'll start another).

Good luck this year all!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

pmchem posted:

89, you can have my spot. I'm going to bow out of this league and join a goon auction league (probably Roto, but if not that, I'll start another).

Good luck this year all!

You'll be missed fella

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Diqnol posted:

You'll be missed fella

This is a unique league and it was fun giving it a shot. I'm happy that it's been so successful!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

89 gonna be so happy.

Then he's gonna get the first pick and draft an RB that will blow an ACL in week 3.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean we can only hope

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well, it would be an appropriate introduction to the league. :shrug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'M IN

whowantstotrade

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Draft order yet?

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

pmchem posted:

Good luck this year all!

Salute to the Cylons. Starr/Romo division won't be the same without you.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

89 posted:

I'M IN

whowantstotrade

Welcome! PM me your email so I can sign you up (I think this is how this works? lol.)

Also, Jetsguy how did you randomize the pick orders in previous years? Is there some way to prove that it was randomized and not tampered with or are people relaxed enough to understand that cheating and fixing the draft order is ridiculous and even if I did, the nature of the league is that even if you get pick #1 your golden boy is just going to get his knee broke week 2 anyways so why bother?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I apologise if I missed it in the op, but is this a money league?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dkj posted:

No, only pride.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

dkj posted:

I am kicking around an idea for a "prize". But no, no money.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Welcome! PM me your email so I can sign you up (I think this is how this works? lol.)

Also, Jetsguy how did you randomize the pick orders in previous years? Is there some way to prove that it was randomized and not tampered with or are people relaxed enough to understand that cheating and fixing the draft order is ridiculous and even if I did, the nature of the league is that even if you get pick #1 your golden boy is just going to get his knee broke week 2 anyways so why bother?

I just used to use Random.org in my other league, add the team names, and hit refresh five times.

Or we can have a QWOP-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Crossposting a quote from the main FF thread.

Braksgirl posted:

Hi, the wife here. I'm really kind of pissed about this league and I may not stay in if the commissioner doesn't give me a satisfactory answer to this draft order. Which would be a shame, because it's an all-women league and it would be fun. But the commissioner did a little talking down to me and tried to explain to me how fantasy football works. Taking all of my control not to let her know that I'm a loving 20 team league champion, bitch. You don't even know who you're talking to.

:glomp: That's going on her tombstone.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 3, 2018