Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I've seen things like that on an 8880 with a dirty thermistor sensor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'd say a Versalink C400, which costs $400, but a set of toner cartridges which last for 2,500 pages costs close to $500 per set

We standardized on the C600 as the workgroup printer before we said gently caress it and started pushing everyone to Follow Me/Streamline on the big managed MFDs. In the year they were in the environment (before I stopped being a printer toucher) I never had to do anything but reset paper tray settings. Compared to ColorQubes, that makes them rock solid reliable. The C400s should be similar.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I heard a story about a Xerox account manager who sold a ColorQube to the Royal Navy for use on an ocean going vessel. When it got back to port, they raised a call because it wasn't printing, mainly because they'd been doing some rough weather testing and the machine's innards were absolutely coated in wax

loving hell, that's brilliant.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Peachfart posted:

For the love of God get a dealer to lease you something, with that many prints you want a decent floor standing model.

This. You want one of the big MFD dealies that can scan to email, holds multiple papers sizes, and plenty of each size.

You also want to have someone you can call and say "it broke, bring me a new one" or "scan quality went to poo poo and I can prove it, bring me a new one". No responsible organization makes a capital outlay for this sort of capability; call Xerox, Nikon, Canon, and a few other people to bid on a leased unit with a per copy cost balanced by a service plan designed to keep them making money (aka you printing poo poo every month). Also be very clear about what capabilities you must have; I once ended a pitch meeting a with a printer vendor before he got his samples out of his briefcase because we had to have automatic letter to A4 conversion capability, and dumbass was pitching a model that didn't. Police your requirements, push on per-copy charges.