Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
I am currently working as back office staff for a small clinic and have some money to upgrade our printers. Currently in addition to a large monochrome fax/copier/bulk job printer we have THREE printers in the back office: a small monochrome laser that isn't even hooked up, a mid size monochrome laser with two trays that is the primary printer both on plain paper and special prescription paper, and a mid size fax/copier/printer that is literally only used as a black and white copier.

As part of my job I am producing nice materials for our patients that include things like information sheets, patient calendars, etc and we are going to get a color laser printer to help facilitate this. It would be nice to get a multifunction and replace the other three back office printers but that is not required. Budget is under 750, ideal stats would be: at least 2 trays and a multipurpose tray (to cover regular paper, order paper, and cardstock/high gloss paper for making nice handout materials), ability to handle up to like 170 gsm paper, automatic duplexing, network connectivity, and copying capability. Brother, OKI, HP, Cannon all make printers that fit this description but I have literally never bought a printer in my life, much less one designed for small business use, and I'm not having a lot of luck finding great comparative reviews. Anyone have any experience with this kind of purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
I anticipate probably 6000 sheets a year would be on the high end of our use. The only OKI printer that’s more than a grand is rated for like 10,000 sheets a month. What wears out on these that they start to struggle with higher weight papers?