Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A bit adjacent to a printer question, but my old pensioner dad just got himself a Brother printer/scanner combo but the app that lets him scan (iprint&scan) doesn't let him preview scans or immediately save portions of a scan as pictures (a thing he used to do with his Epson scanner to scan stamps from his collection, in batches). Is there any software out there that lets him do those things? It gets quite confusing for him to try to save images to crop later without messing something up, and doing the scans individually takes too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh cool the print and scan software from Brother also seems to preclude printing directly from a webpage or somesuch, you HAVE to use the software to print?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Geemer posted:

For Android you want the Brother Print Service Plugin to enable printing from apps.

My dad would never use his phone to handle printing, it's all Windows

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Geemer posted:

I guess I must be misunderstanding the issue then. The printer's connected and recognized, but doesn't print when not using the scanning software?

Does it show up in the Windows print settings? Is it set as default printer? Does the browser have the right printer selected?

Far as I know it's installed and set as default. I even specified and picked out the individual printer when trying to print from his browser.