Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Oh hey, I work at a printer/copier dealer. I only install the darn things, not service them, but it's good to see a bunch of people in the same line of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

All this week I've been dealing with a big defense contractor who's had their fleet refreshed, and by refreshed I mean the riggers have literally unpacked the machines and left them there, leaving me to go in and configure the bastards. And by configure, I put an IP address on, call someone, confirm they can see it and moonwalk out while ignoring all the end-users asking me to make it work. Sorry kids, that ain't my job

I can't even fathom that. I've heard stories, but it floors me that people just do that. I hate the drat things as much as anyone, but for bigger installs, I nominally have a bunch of people above me work out what needs to be done to configure the drat things once on site.

Cyberpope v2 posted:

This thread is cute, I work for an independent dealer and I do all of the above + more. Also the only half-worthwhile copier brand is Konica Minolta.

I've dealt mostly with KM and Canon, and I fall on the side of KM.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Note to self: don't write a tip for fixing an error when you've had your first beers after six weeks without because this is absolute loving gibberish

How do you explain the rest of the manual/eureka/communities being gibberish?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Yes!!! That's what they put me on when I started, and quickly left those behind as soon as I could