Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
In my dad's home office we've been using a Brother MFC-9340CDW for several years with great success thanks to the old printer thread. I liked it so much I bought the same printer for my home office when I needed one.

My dad's printer is currently not feeding paper correctly. It makes a squeak on occasion when the roller's start up. The paper is pulled from the tray properly but immediately jams and will not make it into the machine. Sometimes if you can get a page to print it will then print 10 or so with no issue. I've brought my machine over and tried to use my new(ish) parts on the old printer to see if I can make it work properly. No combination of the easily removable/replaceable parts have seemed to help. I've changed the small paper pick up rollers, the main belt drive, basically whatever I could easily remove from my machine with no tools and place into the old machine. It seems to me the problem is those first big rollers after it picks up the paper from the tray. The paper just jams up there like those rollers are not rolling. I can't find a youtube tutorial or even the part to replace them with quick searches.

Should we just replace the printer? Or should I try to figure out how to change out rollers on the thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
"Home" office may be the wrong term. Yes, we've tried different reams of paper. We go through a lot of paper as this is the main office for us. He just happens to work out of his house. He primarily prints to the black and white laser HP that is hooked up to his computer directly. I need to print from my laptop to the Brother over Wi-Fi and the 3rd person in the office would primarily print to the Brother also.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
The feed works good. It’s the next set of rollers where it makes it into the belt drive. It can’t get through that set to the belt drive.

I followed this video https://youtu.be/A1GOMS9icyA and used the newer set off the same model printer I own which never has an issue. I’ve also tried wiping down all the rollers with a damp cloth.

Good to hear. I think it’s new printer time. Any recommendations for WiFi color laser with scan ability?