Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Any recommendations for a home light-duty laser printer with a feed scanner and wireless support? I'd rather not have a bed scanner since I'm doing legal size stuff and the footprint for those tends to be huge.

Thinking about the Samsung M2070FW to replace my current dumb-as-rocks Samsung B/W laser but the paper feed on that one has been iffy the whole time.

BangersInMyKnickers fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I ended up grabbing DCPL2550DW because it has automatic duplexing in addition to the feed scanner. I like it very much. If you are tight on space and using legal-sized paper, be aware that you have to open up the back of the tray so it protrudes out the back and takes up a couple extra inches that aren't in the standard dimensions.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

inkjets, especially the ones that can do good photo prints, have a high cost of ownership and are extremely finicky. I'd go with a cheap brother/samsung/whatever b-w laser and do the photos at kinkos or your grocery store photo kiosk and let them deal with the maintenance headache for the occasions you want high quality prints

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Maybe a dumb question, but you tried new paper right? Stuff that sits around for a while and starts picking up too much humidity can start having jamming/feed issues

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Hed posted:

If I buy something old but sturdy/enterprise with a JetDirect like a Color Laserjet 5550dn or 4600dtn can I run some software to also offer it up as an AirPrint device?

Something like this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Wireless-N-150Mbps-AirPrint-Server/dp/B00NFTU5Y4

I've also seen windows software you can run to present a shared printer to the network as an airprint target. Mount the printer over IP and the software handles the mdns broadcasts to the local network to show the print target.

BangersInMyKnickers fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 6, 2019