Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm just a guy who scans and prints the occasional family photo for relatives. Looking to replace my old hp photosmart 2610, which has been limping along for years now and I'm tired of fixing it.
How frequently? Is it occasional enough that it would be cheaper to just use the Kodak kiosk at Target or a drugstore instead of replacing your hardware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Anyone have experience with Lexmark support vs Xerox support vs Brother support?
Xerox is quite good from a tech support standpoint, as long as your account with them never gets screwed up. They’re Comcast levels of incompetent when it comes to changing billing information, addresses, etc.

Lexmark’s tech support seems pretty capable. Never had to deal with account management.

My extent of Brother support has been buying a printer for my house at Staples.

Also look into Toshiba. Service is excellent all around and we are leaving Xerox for them because of the aforementioned account nightmare.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Print at Kinko’s until you can afford to buy the Kinko’s, the laser printer, and a service contract to make printer management not remotely your problem.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
I think that’s what the engineers would like to do, but the MBA’s and accountants won’t allow.