Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Do we have a form letter we can send or something so it looks concerted? Dick Durbin is a useless turd but something tells me Tammy Duckworth might be a little more keen to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Alright I sent mine off to Duckworth and Quigley. Quigley didn't even have the "Veterans" option in the dropdown for his issues so I'm not real hopeful but I will report back if either of them sends me more than an "eat poo poo" form letter.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Well Tammy got back to me. The relevant text:

quote:

However, under current law surviving spouses cannot receive both SBP and DIC. Consequently, the SBP annuity is reduced dollar for dollar by the DIC benefit resulting in a reduced monthly payment of SBP. This is known as the SBP/DIC offset and tens of thousands of military survivors are financially harmed by it.

The Military Widow’s Tax Elimination Act would remove the SBP/DIC offset to allow surviving spouses and beneficiaries to receive the full benefit from DOD and VA. That means surviving beneficiaries would no longer be penalized and prevented from receiving the SBP annuity and DIC payment owed to them for their spouse or parent’s service and sacrifice. Fortunately, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018 (NDAA), which I voted for, would eliminate the SBP/DIC offset.

As your Senator, I am committed to eliminating the SBP/DIC offset. We can never fully repay the debt owed to the brave men and women who laid down their lives in defense of our nation, and we must not forget the grieving families they leave behind who deserve our support. We must honor their sacrifices by never letting up in our work to support our Veterans, servicemembers and their families, and that includes repealing the SBP/DIC offset.

I don't really know what to do with that but at least she doesn't suck straight away?

• Locked thread