Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

McNally posted:

Mike Coffman of the Colorado's 6th District is the chairman of the House Armed Services subcommittee for Military Personnel. H.R. 846, a bill to repeal the SBP-DIC offset, has been sitting in that subcommittee since February 2017.

H.R. 846 has 269 cosponsors. That's 60% of the House of Representatives.

60% of the House has cosigned this bill yet it's still in committee.

Tomorrow I'm going to ask him why. I think we all should.

DC office - 202.225.7882

District office - 720.748.7514

I'm in the 6th District. Honestly man I'm super busy this time of year, here's what I'm planning on saying tomorrow sorry if it's way too boiled down.

The SBP-DIC offset makes survivors pay their own benefits, get your rear end in gear on that subcommittee and pass it wtf is wrong with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Word, I'll go with that then.

e: I called too late in the day for the DC office, I guess. District office referred me to the DC office, I'll try again tomorrow.

E2: price tag, holy poo poo....basically they need to find an offset for the money. They said I'd get a direct response if I e-mailed them. McNally you want to do a little e-mail blurb for me?

Grem fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 8, 2018

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Emailed Coffman. Should note he's a fantastic turd so I'm not expecting anything.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hey Mike Coffman wrote me back!

quote:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. It is an honor to serve as your Representative in the United States Congress.

I greatly appreciate your thoughts and comments and know that I will keep them in mind as I continue to work on your behalf in Washington.

loving for real

• Locked thread