Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I appreciate the Doomsday Prophet White Blood Cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I demand that all of you drop whatever you're doing right now and admire this precious bouncing platelet.

https://twitter.com/HashinoMizuha/status/1023130397159223296

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

is the manga that's being adapted atm any good?

I mean I like the material well enough, I can't speak for the actual manga's execution.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm enjoying Black as a grimdark glurge piece, but I don't know that'd I'd say too much for its actual storytelling, lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Work your magic, Do Your Best Beam

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Adorable blood cell babies....

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought making the cancerous cells sympathetic made a reasonable amount of sense. Like, the cells that make up, say, a bone tumor or whatever are perfectly good bone cells, right? The only thing they're doing differently from a healthy cell is dividing out of control, right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Red blood cell's screaming face becomes more powerful...

Her tongue has evolved from a small screaming face into a miniature RBC

That's weird

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I kinda see what this show's concept of the Eyes are like.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if there's a caste of cells that live in the brain and manage actually interacting with data from the outside world and treat it like they're up on Mount Sinai communing with God or something.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I

Is it over?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This manga is very stupid

I like it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly I'm having trouble imagining what a body that's meaningfully shittier than the one our characters already inhabit actually looks like, especially from a Blood Cell's perspective. Missing organs/limbs, maybe, but that just seems like our cells would see it as 'well it sucks like the last one but also it's smaller' mostly. ...Maybe a serious Cancer infestation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cobalt-60 posted:

Knowing the anime industry, it probably is.

Come to think of it, did they ever mention or define "black" companies in the anime?

No, although my understanding is that the description is so ubiquitous in Japan that native audiences wouldn't really need it explained.