Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So I've got a good base going. Whenever I load the game, though, the turret gunners load in under the walls (still manning the turrets, but susceptible to getting attacked). What's the deal here? Is there a fix or something or am I just going to have to live with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I've tried both of those. Still happens.
I guess it's just a bug with how characters are loaded in. When it's paused, I can see characters half way underground until I unpause. I guess if they're on a wall though, they'll snap down to the ground rather than onto the catwalk.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Southern hive is hostile to everyone. Way more independant and defensive. Western hive is the only one willing to cooperate and trade with others, despite occational hiver defections. Foggers are just rando hivers that got brain-mold infected from the misty area (maybe? Lore is foggy here).

I'm about to start a new playthrough with the big project genisis mod. You guys have any critiques on genisis?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I got an issue... In the genisis mod, there's a couple of buildings in bad teeth that are bugged or something. When I enter, I right click through the floor, which makes moving where I want a bit difficult. Sometimes I'm simply unable to move to certain places. I've tested this extensively and found that it's absolutely an issue with the genisis mod. So far it's just a problem with 2 specific buildings that I've found.

Have you guys ever encountered this issue before? Is there any way to fix this on my end? I've tried resetting navmeshes or whatever (ctrl+shift+f11) but that didn't do it.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I'm trying genesis now. For the most part, I like it. But it's a compatibility nightmare. Many mods don't work with it, or need patches that don't yet exist, particularly with animations and anything involving dialogue, as well as map stuff. There's TONS of map stuff going on.

Almost everything you get out of genesis can be added through individual mods. I'm thinking I might import out of it and just use the mods I like. Thing is, I don't know enough about the mod because there's no documentation about what all it adds. There's a list of mods that are incorporated into it, but there's more in there than that. Tons of world state changes??? The discord is the only place beyond the mod description, so I guess I'll just ask what the entire mod does there?

I dunno... I'm honestly kinda disappointed and regret getting tangled up in it. I would probably recommend it for someone just getting into modding and want a curated experience.

e: Man I don't know! I guess I'll keep it. gently caress.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 15, 2021

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Is there a mod that makes the jobs-button toggle off the "follow" command? It works for my modded animals, but not for characters.

I just want to pause jobs fcs.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 17, 2021

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Training dummies, and the various training dummy mods, are a decent way to give zero-stat recruits a bit of a boost mid/late game. You are also gated from them in early game, and they don't even train you all that far. I think they're fine.

I've also found that the game is more fun when running with LESS characters. It's too easy to fall into the hole of recruiting a massive army and rolling over everything through sheer numbers. Right now, I'm limiting myself to 5 guys for combat and exploration. I'm currently at 2 after having one die. So far its p fun.

Also holy molly it's easy to level up sneak and assassination! Don't even bother with the training dummies, just find some poor peasants at night and you'll be past 30 in a fraction of the time. And sneaking is easy since it doesn't depend on who can or can't see you. Just sneak when traveling between cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Man, direct assaults on towns are a colossal waste of time, aren't they? Not being able to finish off down enemies is such a garbage design oversight. My martial arts hit for like 200 damage yet for some goddamn reason they always damage enemies in the limbs. So I have nobles with no arms and legs being "downed" because my damage is just under the death threshold for their chest or head. Why can't I just punch this clown's head until it's mush? I thank my lucky stars and the christian christ almighty that stealth and assassination are so overpowered that I can turn settlements without wasting hours upon hours because enemies simply just won't die. Yes, I'd like an enemy with missing limbs and <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< for bleed that are unconscious for 7000 seconds instead of being dead. They certainly won't get picked up by the one of ten million enemies that come out of the woodwork if an alarm goes off and get carried off to a bed to get healed to full.

It should be fun to round up allies and march on a city with an army at your back but it's just an exercise in frustration and tedium. I think next time I play, which won't be for a while, I'm just going to move the "chance of death" slider all the way to the left. It's not like being down in this game has any benefit to you, the player. No one will heal you in your recovery coma while your stats just continue to get worse, so you may as well be dead. This way it just cuts out the annoying tedium.

All that said, the slave run was good. I settled on the hub for my base since it's in the middle of the map and let me go anywhere in a decent amount of time. Those other places are just too far out of the way. The game really needed fast travel. It was a marvel to see all the cool and weird areas but for the upteenth time going through it? A slog. I hope the sequel mitigates a lot of the tedium. 90% of my playtime is running places and about 40 of that percentage was filled with "oh, this is cool" while the rest was "am I there yet?"

You should import and try playing the game with the damage multiplier cranked up a bit then. It may be exactly what you want. I usually run with 2x dmg for more common de-limbing. It's really tough in the begaining, though.

You can also edit bleed rate and death chance, so it's less likely some bozo saves your enemies.

zedprime posted:

IIRC settlements have an economy that determines their replenishment rate. Most of the Holy Nations or Empire cities have their poo poo together and will continue to do so against normal casualties against hostiles in their territory. But you can attrition war them eventually even if their cap is refilled between fights as it tracks economy things. Eventually it won't be full and if you drag it on long enough I think some people have noticed random world state changes from incidental animal raids or such on a struggling capital.
This is not true. World states are entirely based on the state of specific npcs. UC has a lot of these npcs and its world states are the most complex on the game, with every town having a nobel/slave master and interconnected variables between them. Taking out the master of a slave farm will make everyone in nearby towns malnourished and wreck/change several shops, for example.

There's no counter or whatever that diminishes over combat. The only thing being tracked is those specific special npcs.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 27, 2024