Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Autonomous Monster posted:

Is there a nice human-friendly place to go recruiting? I set up home in Squin, seemed like a decent enough base, but no-one wants to join up because I'm a disgusting flatskin.

Me and Hobbs are getting pretty tired with having to Benny Hill book it from every fight and never getting any combat XP.

There is a dude you can recruit for free in Squin, IIRC. Just tell him that he fought bravely or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I want a button to make everyone run at the same speed. Having party members sprinting ahead and then doubling back towards my slower people is silly. :(

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamnit :negative:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So how does importing work? Do you get your characters and buildings to day 1?

Also, what's all that stuff in the prospecting window?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Speaking of, check out the peeler mod

I’m ambivalent about this, and I have 1.000 hours in Crusader Kings.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I’m trying a new recruitment scheme. Everyone gets enslaved and won’t be recruited until they manage to escape, which usually involves getting hit a lot and getting at least some sneak, assassination and combat training.

It builds character.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

How do you actually stage a prison break from Rebirth? I have recruited a couple of extra people and my squad all have 30-ish Stealth, dodge and Strenght, and would be fast enough to run away from people if I managed to find some extra food, but each time I try to run away the guards at the gate beat me up easily.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

In my current game I began as a slave and I am only recruiting people that got away from the big Holy Order mine (Rebirth?), because every escape a few of them get added to my group and are left as bait for the guards, so the cycle can continue and my famished, 30-stat punchymans can make a run for it.

My 6th recruit has just lost a leg while learning to dodge against guards, so now I'm going to sneak in, hand her a leg and go "there, now try to leave on your own".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

What did you do for food when you were a slave? I booked it out of there the first night since my guys were on the verge of starving and it didn't seem like they were going to feed the slaves at any point.

IIRC, there is a lower limit your hunger meter can reach while an slave (135?). Just steal food the night you plan to run away.