Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I picked this up during the summer sale, and can’t stop playing it for reasons I can’t quite place. It is very satisfying watching your dudes go from a bunch of scrubs getting curb stomped by literally everything to a bunch of hardened cyber samurai slaughtering bandits by the dozen. I think the fact that the main way to level your Toughness skill is by getting your rear end kicked is a strangely smart decision, since as long as you manage to crawl away from a fight it still feels like a victory however minor.

My favorite moments so far are when I was eyeing some ruins overrun with blood spiders trying to figure out how to get the fancy katanas out of it, when a pair of Beak Things wandered in. I then dashed and grabbed the blades while the Beak Things were busy gorging themselves on spider flesh. And then when I found myself low on supplies in Holy Nation territory so I hid the majority of party in the hills and sent the two unaltered humans in my party into town to do business with the vile human supremacist bastards.

I was worried the second one wouldn’t work, but I was happy the game actually recognized them as alone instead of just checking my party composition and going nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I beat up and looted a roaming band of Dust Bandits, and then a couple days later I decided to thrash one of their camps a ways off. Right as my guys cut down the last bandit in the camp a naked and crippled Gang Boss from two days before came stumbling into the camp alone. Guy, today was just not your day.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Pewdiepie posted:

This thread needs screenshots.

I've only taken one so far but a broken machine wandered into a group of Shrieking Bandits. It slaughtered most of them then just kind of fell over and stopped working for no apparent reason. I guess it reached its designated kill limit.

The machine is a little hard to see but it's the thing with the giant gently caress off sword in the center

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
bad war with some dust bandits that decided to set up camp in the middle of a road

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

jfood posted:

if you don't have a backpack, you gotta throw food on the ground for the dog to eat.

I'm pretty sure there is a backpack hidden away in the starting town for the dog start as well, so it's worth poking around in before you take off. Dropping food on the ground seems completely random a lot of the time if it's going to work or not.