Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Oh man, I bought into the alpha for this in, Jesus, 2012? Poked around in it for a bit and decided I'd come back when it was release ready. It's uh, been a long wait.

Are you guys telling me it's finally ready for prime time?

Archonex posted:

Meanwhile, in the forest of screams you might wonder why everything is so pleasant. At least, until the buck-rear end naked homicidal bandits named "Screaming Bandits" come sprinting over the hills and out of the treeline with each one screaming the words "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" at the top of their lungs.

Diplomacy with them is fun. You basically scream back at them in the right way and tone until they decide you're bro's and should hang around. Ironically, they're one of the nicer sentient factions. If they catch you in their forest they'll just beat the poo poo out of you and your allies with planks and two-by-fours until you're all unconscious as a warning to get out instead of enslaving you, eating you, using you for spare parts, enslaving you then working you to death and then eating you. Getting there however is a challenge. Much like the fog valley it's nearly an epic quest (The entire world is done from the third person perspective. No Mount and Blade style world map traveling here.) that's liable to see many men and women murdered or sucked dry by blood spiders and other nasties.

This sounds like some Zeno Clash poo poo :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Is there a nice human-friendly place to go recruiting? I set up home in Squin, seemed like a decent enough base, but no-one wants to join up because I'm a disgusting flatskin.

Me and Hobbs are getting pretty tired with having to Benny Hill book it from every fight and never getting any combat XP.