Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I totally forgot about this game until this thread made me realize i already tried something likle 4 years ago. I'm having a blast now.
Gonna do some vanilla and then see how to overload it with mods until it cannot load anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

I have builded my first outpust near the Hub, as it looks to be the easiest area with only some hungry bandits which I can easily fend off (and once a Prayer day came). As far as I understood this is the newbee area, as down south I got trashed by stronger fauna/bandits.
However I noticed i basically cannot grow anything other than wheatstraw. Is it feasible to create another outpust down like in the swaps where i can grow more stuff like rice? I mean if there is a way to move stuff between outposts without actively carrying it (like an automatic job of moving between two containers)

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Alright than only a big base is gonna be. Too bad i have to abandon my current one as it is on top a fortress hill and it looks quite cool.

What are interesting zones? So far i have been only experiencing with the following:
1- Border Zone/Central Arid: Easy Area with starving Bandits and some Holy Empire crazy (I'm in good terms with them tough)
2- Swamp: basically you swim a lot and everything wants you dead
3- Southern UC: middle ground
4- Hive acid canyon: I'm not sure how i survived there for one night

I'm thinking about creating my next outpost in the border between Swamp and Wetlands, so I can make Sake and sell it to UC at a higher price (the got the +25% modifier). Any interesting or unusual position hints are gladly accepted

I feel like every biome is unique in one way or the other, It quite change the way you play.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Have Ruka talk to them.

Install this mod https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1384575477 and setup in the deadlands. :getin:

If you are looking for spots that aren't super dangerous and can grow stuff, the area in the northern hidden forest is green biome with high fertility with very little dangerous stuff.

There's lots of blood spiders and rather dangerous bandits down in the swamp areas (red sabres and swamp ninja). You shouldn't settle anywhere that has things which will eat you unless you are very confident in your ability to defend it.

Now that mod is interesting, I'm not yet in the late game tough, but I'll keep it in mind
I have been running as a merchant around before setting up my first outpost. Any trade modifier I should be aware of ? So far I only found Sake +25% in southern UC cities and Rice/Hemp -25% in the swamp

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

As much as I enjoy the different biomes I find a little lacking on the cities side. I mean they feel all the same, with only a handful differences. Even trading is not a big deal and there is not much difference in price across all the map - only maybe the thing with sake and hash in the UC
Maybe I just haven't explored enough yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Is there any good perks in setting up a shop in a city? I mean you can sell to merchant at about the same price it seem to me. Am I missing something? (Other than i can possibly sell hash in UC cities, since the traders won't accept it)