Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I just picked this up on a whim.

I've not survived more than about 2 days so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Actually died. I got eaten by weird bird things, I got beaten unconscious and then bled out, I got a stomach injury one time that slowly got worse till I keeled over and died etc etc.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
So, I picked the empire start this time and went out to wander and see what's around here.

Something called a Verdant Skimmer was fighting a guy and the guy died, then the skimmer bled out shortly after. I looted the guy and he had like 100k of gear on him...

I've saved the game this time..I've got a chain shirt that's like 60k value and some plate armour that's like 30k and a couple of weapons at 10k each.

This is cool.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I lost a leg and an arm and then starved to death trying to find a place with food. I like this game.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I tried that and all the add ons from nexus the other day, just to mess about, and it kept crashing so uninstalled it all.

Shame as I love a ridiculously modded game.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Power Walrus posted:

it really is such a finicky engine, isn't it? I love what the mods add to the game, but I'm well past my days of 'downloading & installing mods IS the game'. I may just try Reactive World or go back to Genesis, since that worked.

Oh actually, I got myself confused (I've only been playing a few days but again, can't resist a game you can mod heavily) that mod pack is the one Im currently using.

The one I was trying to get to work previously was the "Lore Friendly RP Experience Collection".

But yeah, it seems quite janky, I like that though.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Well, I'm gonna wishlist that and keep an eye out.

I take it there is zero idea of when Kenshi 2 is due? From what I gather they've been working on it for years at this point, right?..

Should I pop down to Brighton and ask them.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
What's the issue with UWE?...

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I've only just got the game and I've ran straight into modded gameplay as that's just how I like to play, but I've noticed some weirdness myself and I don't know if it's down to the base game or not. But I regularly encounter large groups of guards and NPCs standing outside of towns trying to pick up/drop bodies and it seems like sometimes there are double spawns of groups in towns etc too.

It's an odd, janky game, but I get the appeal. I've enjoyed my time in it so far. I'm at like 40 hours and I've done gently caress all tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

moot the hopple posted:

Guards will throw bodies of troublemakers outside the town gates or put them in prison if there's a police station in town. Maybe one of your mods is interfering with that behavior?

It's a popular, curated modpack, I'd think with the number of subscribers it has someone would have noticed it and mentioned it by now. Everything's loaded in order.

It's no big deal tbh. I've already got distracted and started playing Rimworld again.